1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Nav/Bluetooth Audio in 2005 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jcsalem, Mar 16, 2010.

1. jcsalem

jcsalem New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2005 Prius with the Navigation system. I've had intermittent trouble with the bluetooth and nav audio after pairing it with my iPhone 3GS.

After make several bluetooth phone calls, the hands-free audio just stopps working. In addition, the audio is off for the rest of the navigation system audio (both turn-by-turn directions and the voice recognition prompts). However, CD and radio audio is fine.

In some cases, it has fixed itself. However, it now seems stuck in the "no audio" mode. Last time, I was able to reset it by removing the navigation system, opening it, and temporarily disconnecting the backup battery. This fixed the audio but lost all my settings.

Has anyone else had this problem? Were you able to figure out an easier way to reset it.

This has only happened since I paired it with my iPhone. Very annoying...

Jim

2. Sarge

Sarge Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Hi Jim,

The Nav guidance and bluetooth connection both use the same speaker - the front driver side. You will notice that when you are on a call, the Nav is muted, and if you press the Map button it will repeat the instruction and mute your call (poor design, IMO, but that's another discussion).

It sounds to me like your iPhone is not pairing well with the Prius, and it is not releasing the connection once you hang up. Have you tried manually disconnecting it from the handset to see if the Nav guidance comes back?

Also, next time it seems to mute, try pressing the Map button a second time (i.e. when already on Nav screen). As mentioned, this will normally override your phone call and repeat the last instruction. See if this still happens when your "missing guidance" happens.

If I am on the right track with this, not sure what the permanent solution would be. First thing to try would be to delete the pairing and re-pair the phone. Failing that, you might want to check if there is a software update for your phone.

That said, based on your comments about disconnecting your entire Nav system, well, not sure what to say. Maybe the problem is indeed deeper? Do these problems all go away if you delete the pairing with your phone?

Hope that helps...