1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Package #6 in SoCal???

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by TimBikes, Dec 2, 2005.

1. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was just at the dealer today and they told me they are getting no package 6 models. They weren't clear on whether it was just for now, or for all of '06 (they didn't seem to know). They said they are only getting #1,#3, and #7 and #8 (I think). They are the largest dealer in San Diego county so I assume they would know. Anybody else hearing this from SoCal dealers?

And by the way, does anybody else find the lack of solid info from Toyota Corporate to be totally ridiculous?

2. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    After checking toyota.com, it appears SoCal has made a change. I have a paper Dianne Whitmire at Carson Toyota gave me six weeks ago saying it would be 1, 3, 6 and 8, which toyota.com confirmed the first day it went up.

Now the website has changed---in the last few days. So apparently he's right. I can only guess: a wrestling match between SoCal and NorCal, either won for the whole year by NorCal (3, 6, 7 and 8), or for alternating allocations---which would confuse many and play havoc with people placing orders.

I thought pkg #6 was the "flagship" package, which most regions would carry no matter what the other packages were. Possibly Toyota didn't make enough of them---at least at first---so something had to give.

Now that I think of it, the other anomaly is that, last I knew, SE region still had not even posted its available choices, pissing many people off. If there was a struggle, it may have been between SE and SoCal.

I'll try to get an explanation.

3. TimBikes

TimBikes New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Thanks for the info. My theory was they know there is a waitlist of eager '06 buyers, so they are just pumping out the high $ packages at first until demand is satisfied. Profit maximization - which you can't blame them for but on the other hand I think they are beginning to tick people off with the lack of info, changes to packages, limited color options (at least for now), etc.