1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Pkg 5 in VA? "settle" for pkg 6?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wishes, Mar 4, 2006.

1. wishes

wishes New Member

Yesterday made my 3rd trip to DCH Brunswick Toyota to see if I can get a better deal than original one I had from Sansone (1000 under MSRP). The lowest I got was about 1300 under MSRP (26,2 out the door)

With the deals going on in VA at Miller, I can get a better deal if I went down there (and use their price to get a better deal at a competitor). I'm not in a rush for the car, so I'm willing to wait for my one and only color preference (black). Unfortunately, they don't carry pkg 5's for some reason (why?!) so I'd have to go for a pkg 6. Still, after the deal, it'll STILL be cheaper than the price I'd be getting my (specially ordered) pkg 5 from here in NJ.

So, what I'm wondering is:
    - Are the package 6 extra features useful AT ALL? I don't really feel the need for HID or fog lamps. Then again, I don't even know what they're good for.

- Would it be wise to wait until the end of this month or even the end of April to see if the prices go down lower at Miller? Again, I'm not in a rush and I don't even know if I can get down there until late April anyway. Would the prices maybe go up by then?

- When calculating Sales Tax, which is used: the sale price or the price after addition of fees?

Any help/advice/information is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!