1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No power after jumping another car…

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Tomax, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Tomax

Tomax Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    V
    I’m the category of good deeds unrewarded… I agreed to use my 2013 Prius V to jump start to another vehicle, a Subaru. It didn’t work on the first try, and after that I can’t get my car to start… the power indicator light is green at first and then goes to orange as soon as I put the transmission in drive or reverse. The Prius 12v battery is charged up and we tried jumping the Prius from a third car, with no effect, but we were able up to jump the Subaru, so the assumption is that there’s a blown fuse in the Prius.

Is that a reasonable assumption? What else could be the issue. The hybrid battery was working fine until then but is there a possibility that it has been damaged? I’d appreciate any suggestions for tests I should run or anything to get the car running again.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    If no Ready since the jumps it may have been reverse polarity for a moment blowing a really inaccesdible fuse link buried inside the engine fuse box.

Use a flashlight and look carefully
    * 125a fuse visible from top.jpeg

This one is not blown. Yours very well will be blown and will show it. Other normal fuses will be blown as well.

Ecus rarely blow. Don't let someone change electronics until the fuses are repaired. Dealers and mechanics often do not know this issue.

3. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Meanwhile, never use the Prius as the donor for a jump start...