1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Prius C 3's for NV?

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by SinisterSpatula, Apr 4, 2012.

1. SinisterSpatula

SinisterSpatula Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi all,

Been doing lots of reading here, just signed up, I have my heart set on a C package 3 due to the fact that I REALLY love the two tone cloth interior and really dislike the softex pleather. I also want to have the moonroof and keyless entry/ignition and don't really need a heated anything living in a 110+ degree climate (Las Vegas). So due to my preferences the package 3 is the only option for me. Now, I have been searching the inventories for all LV area Toyota dealerships and have not had any success in finding a 3 with a moonroof at all. All they seem to have are 2's and 4's. This coincides with what one dealer told me, that the different packages are regionally restricted and Nevada for some reason has been barred from getting the 3's (only 2's and 4's). I think that's crap but if it's true I guess it's what I have to work with. So right now that dealer is trying to see if they can get a 3 as a trade/swap with another dealer out of state. So far they haven't seemed to have much luck. I might decide to try St. George Utah as they seem to do a lot of deals for Las Vegans. Either that, or I guess I'll be forced to go to California but I hesitate to do that as I hear I will get beat to death by taxes or registration fee's or some such when I try to bring the C back to NV and register it.

2. kkim

kkim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
  3. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    When I lived in Elko NV, in 2001, I bought my Subaru in Twin Falls, ID. It was not that hard to get it licensed in NV. Unless it is some special CA thing, it should take one day of inspections.

4. StarBrite310

StarBrite310 ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Have you checked BuyAToyota.com and see if any 3's pop up in your area?

5. SinisterSpatula

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the suggestions. Just checked the Buyatoyota site inventory and there are just four results, three model 2's and one model 4. I was already considering reaching out to Dianne, but I figured I should wait to see what my local dealer can do first. If they can't get it arranged for me in the next few days, that'll be my next step for sure.

6. formula

formula Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    but one from LA and drive it back. :) I see many dealers in LA area have many PC in stock.

7. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Nevada is in the Denver Region. The Region orders the cars from Toyota & allocates them to their dealers. If the Region decides not to order the car you want then you will have to go elsewhere to find one. Your options are the San Francisco Region, Los Angeles Region and the Portland Region (for Idaho & Oregon). Use zip codes from the different areas to see if you can build the car you want.

Happy Hunting.

8. SinisterSpatula

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Why does Cali always get first dibs on the cool new stuff? Ok yeah I guess since their population is the only other state that rivals NY that would be why. I decided to settle on a c 2 today and put down a deposit. :) I don't think I had a chance in the world of getting the 3 without major hassels or paying more than I should. I decided it made better financial sense for me too. Trading in my '05 Corolla and a 2k down I'm able to keep my payments under $260/mo with the C 2. I don't think I'll miss the moon roof all that much (I've never had one so I can't miss what I never had). The smart key thing is a bummer to give up too but again never had one so don't think I'll miss it much. Just praying that the non-entune radio doesn't sound too horrible as I don't want to sink any more money into it right now but definately a nice upgrade plan for the future. I ordered a Red C 2 by the way. I can't wait to get that call that it's arrived! :rockon: