1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No radio sound

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by Bigdog61614, Mar 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Bigdog61614

Bigdog61614 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I have a 2012 Prius and my radio works but no sound comes out of the speakers. I checked all fuses and everything was good. I do believe that I found my amp. It is underneath the rear seat when accessing it from the hatchback. Does this need to be removed and taken to a radio repair center? If so is there something I can do myself to save some cash?

2. dubit

dubit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    The factory radio's are stupid expensive. But why not just go with an aftermarket? You can get a nice head unit from around $150 up to whatever your wanting to spend. The C's pretty easy to install an aftermarket from what i understand. Seems quite a few people here have done just that.

I suppose that's my recommendation to save cash.

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    If there is a separate amplifier under the back, then it sounds like somebody already put an aftermarket setup in this car and it isn't working properly.

Probably best handled by a stereo shop. If you know basic auto electricity you can start troubleshooting it yourself. If you don't, this is probably not the right project to start with.