1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No READY lighth, not starting engine

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Raigalex, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Raigalex

Raigalex New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Hello !

Hello !

I have a 2011 prius, that i gave a friend to try it out for a few days, quite a mistake, the guy ended up putting Diesel on the car instead of gasoline, i did not realized this cause he also didnt metioned anything until the car stopped working.
    The first day that the car died it showed on the pannel the "Check hybrid system" on the screen, with a lot of other lights
    I took it with various mechanics but they told be about a code that said had something to do with the camshaft and crankshaft sensors, got those replaced and that code was gone but the problem was still there.
    I bought a code reader and took the codes by myself they were a lot
    C0200
    C0205
    C1290
    P3190
    B1504
    P3000
    B1582
    B15BA
    B15BF
    B15BB
    B1585
    B2312
    B2311
    U0155
    C2122
    C2123

Here is a list of what i've checked and replaced on the car so far after the Diesel incident
    Purged fuel tank
    Purged fuel pump
    Purged fuel lines
    Cleaned injectors
    Replaced spark plugs
    Replaced Camshaft and crankshaft position sensors
    Cleaned air admition sensor
    Replaced 12v battery
    Checked fuses related to the hybrid system (dont remember exactly which ones, but if you could tell me what to check ill do it again for sure)
    Replaced Power Supply Module

Now of all the codes i focused on the U0155 cause i found it on one of the manuals for the troubleshooting of the prius, it was related to the hybrid system and to the loss of comunication with the CAN 2 module, so i did the testing of the module and found out it had open circuit, so i replaced it and a lot of those codes were gone now, including U0155

After that i tried to turn on the car but the engine doesnt start and it doesnt show the READY light on it, the "Check Hybrid System" its not shown either, but i see a yellow triangle showing on the pannel

What should i do? Have you guys ever had an experience like this?

Thanks !

#1 Raigalex, Sep 16, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2022
  2. Grit

Grit Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Time to trade in the friend.

Raigalex and bisco like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    check the 12v

4. Raigalex

Raigalex New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I already checked the 12v battery, it reads 13.2v and its brand new, what else could i check?

5. nicoj36

nicoj36 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Try putting a can of BG44K fuel treatment, then force start it by clearing the codes, and starting it on maintenance mode. Let it run to clean the system. Good luck.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So, what are the codes you have now?

7. Raigalex

Raigalex New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Ill check on the codes and post them later, what i've found its that the fuel pump its not being powered on, the level sensor has energy (1.31v) but the other 2 wires that to go to the pump dont have voltage, i tested the pump aside directly with the 12v battery and it works just good on its own
    Could this be the reason for the READY light not coming on? What can i do to try to fix it?

8. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Possible. If you are only getting 1.3v at the pump, and the battery passes a load test, something is wrong in between

9. johnHRP

johnHRP Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    If it is caused by stupid Diesel in the gasoline tank. You should focus on the fuel system only. Don't touch anything else or you will be lost. Check injectors, spark plugs, fuel lines, fuel pumps, and charcoal canister. Check the injectors and compared the spray pattern with the new one (buy one). I don't understand how can someone possibly put diesel on a gasoline car fuel neck. It won't fit because it is too small for a diesel spout.

10. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Sounds like he has jumped into the electrical big time. I would go back and ensure all fuses are in their correct socket and all connectors are engaged.

Easily done. I saw a guy fill a tank with diesel even though it was a gas vehicle. Cost him over a thousand to fix it.

11. johnHRP

johnHRP Active Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Did you stop/talk to the guy who put diesel into the gas vehicle? If he did not start the car, it may prevent further damage. I am actually a little bit afraid when let friends or family fill the fuel in any of my car.