1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Sirius with out the Nav System?????

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mike_m, May 25, 2006.

1. mike_m

mike_m New Member

So I get a call from my dealer cause the car will arrive probably tomorrow. I am told that my Package 5 will not work with the integrated Sirius. They say that I have to have the nav. system for it to work properly. What gives? Has anyone put in the integrated Sirius with less that package 7? That appears to be the package where the nav. comes with. I have an Exact Visor unit I could put in, but I was really looking for the other. But then again, that windshield mount antenna is bigger than the Visor unit itself. Those that went aftermarket: where did you put the little magnetic antenna? I will say that the dealer is trying to make it right, and they will take it out of my CTS, and put it in the Prius to make up for the convenience.

2. GeoGeek

GeoGeek Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    There is a system that works in your Prius (I've got it im my Package 4/ no Nav, no JBL).
    It's the one for the Solara/Avalon; however, if you read a little more on this site you'll find
    out that almost everyone with it is having a sound quality (static) issue with the unit.

I'm told that it's being worked on, but I'd hold off until a new unit (without the static issue) is
    available. Vais (www.vaistech.com) is working on a new interface for Sirius that will fix the problem, but
    it won't be available (I'm told) for another 5-6 weeks.
    Jon, at factory interactive (www.factoryinteractive.com) is also working on a fix.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

3. mike_m

mike_m New Member

Thanks I will just put in my aftermarket, and set it to 88.5 I know there is no static and it clear.

4. Skwyre7

Skwyre7 What's the catch?

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mike_m @ May 25 2006, 06:52 PM) [snapback]261080[/snapback]</div>
    Mine is sitting behind the radio antenna a couple of inches. It seems to be happy there.

5. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skwyre7 @ May 26 2006, 08:13 AM) [snapback]261309[/snapback]</div>
    Same here (although this is an XM antenna). Plus, if you get the Sharkfin antenna, it's possible to put the satellite antenna inside.

6. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ May 26 2006, 11:29 AM) [snapback]261313[/snapback]</div>
    You don't go straight over the weather seal and into the car from that location, do you? I did that initially with my Delphi SkyFi, and water would wick right into the car.

I've got the integrated XM now (from metrotpn), and I put the antenna on the passenger side of the roof an inch or so in front of the hatch. The wires run down the side channel of the hatch opening, forms a drip loop, and then goes over the weather seal from the side, just below the hatch support arm. No leaking that way. Any water that runs down the wire gets to the drip loop and drips off instead of going into the car.

7. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Marlin @ May 26 2006, 08:51 AM) [snapback]261319[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for asking. No, the wire was long enough so I ran it over the seal at the bottom (where it would do no harm) and ran it up along the outside of the seal. I haven't had any water problems.

8. y2kroxy

y2kroxy New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(aaf709 @ May 26 2006, 11:04 AM) [snapback]261331[/snapback]</div>

I just got a sharkfin antenna and am thinking of loosening the existing antenna mount and snaking the new satellite antenna wire thru the antenna mount hole. This will then be covered by the sharkfin antenna. Any thoughts??

9. aaf709

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(y2kroxy @ May 26 2006, 12:13 PM) [snapback]261432[/snapback]</div>
    It should work fine. You can take a look at this post to see what they did.