1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No sound with Entune when phone is connected via USB

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by MCDamavandi, May 25, 2012.

1. MCDamavandi

MCDamavandi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Has anyone experienced a problem using Pandora and/or iIHeartRadio while the phone (iPhone in my case) was connected via USB and the bluetooth was on?

The phone connects and the apps are active (title art, music info, etc are present on the screen) but no sound is coming from the speakers. If I disconnect the phone from the USB the sound starts to come through (as it starts using the bluetooth). Has anyone else experienced this and found a solution? I've called Toyota and they seem stumped. I would like to be able to charge the phone via the USB so that I can use the iPod feature if I want.

I've looked over several of the threads related to connectivity issues with Entune and most seem to have the opposite problem (bluetooth not working but USB does). Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. mitch672

mitch672 Technology Geek

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, disable the Bluetooth connection from the car to the phone (there s a place to do it on the pairing screen), fixes it every time.

1 person likes this.
  3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    On my HTC EVO 4G, when playing Pandora, the volume on the phone changes the volume when it is being played through the car too so make sure your media volume in the phone is all the way up. Once I had my media volume all the way down and I couldn't figure out why I was getting no sound until I looked at that.

1 person likes this.
  4. MCDamavandi

MCDamavandi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Thanks.

Can I disable the only the Bluetooth to the Entune apps (so I can still make calls) or do I have to kill all of it?

I think the phone volume is ok because I can hear everything when I make phone calls and when I unplug the USB

5. jabecker

jabecker driver of Prii since 2005

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    What kind of USB cable are you using? Some people have reported problems when using old or aftermarket USB cables. Try a different cable and see if that helps.

1 person likes this.
  6. Big Steve

Big Steve ramblin wreck

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I had this problem for the first time today, and did not remember the fix. Willll disabling BT this time prevent it from pairing next time?

7. MCDamavandi

MCDamavandi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    Ok. So here is what I think happened; when I connected with the USB, the system defaulted to the iPod mode. Once I went to the USB/iPod tab in the audio menu and paused/stopped the music (even though no sound was coming from that either), viola, the Entune Pandora and iHeartRadio apps started working once I went to those apps and restarted them. It seems to be working for now and I didn't have to disable the Bluetooth connection either.

Thanks everyone for your input and help.