1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

no start after first fill up

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mistermugsy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. mistermugsy

mistermugsy New Member

Hi all ; new member in Florida ; 07 silver metallic pkg #3 ; 375 miles ;avg mpg so far in mostly city driving 43 mpg Filled up for the first time today ; shut car down ; filled up ; tried to re-start without any luck ; all warning gauge lights came on including brake light ; called dealer ; was told to try starting again ; after three or four tries the car started . Could having had the car running in park before for about 10-15 minutes have drained the battery ? Car seems to run fine now . Dealer said to bring it in to have it checked out . Any comments will be apprciated . thanks ,Marty

2. dorf

dorf Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I believe I've read in the Owners Manual or on John's site(or somewhere else). Be sure to tighten the gas cap securely.

I have no idea if that was your problem or not.

3. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    OP: you've posted duplicate topics in two different forums.

4. auricchio

auricchio Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It may be that you didn't have your foot firmly on the brake when trying to press the power button.

If you don't have the brake pedal depressed, then you get:

1st press: "accessory" position. Speedo, radio, no windows, no warning lights.

2nd press : "ign-on" position. All the lights, windows, and a few other things.

3rd press: OFF

It's also possible that the brake switch needs adjustment.

There's nothing to worry about with the battery. The car will keep the big (traction) battery charged by starting the engine when needed, and it will in turn keep the 12v battery charged.