1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No Voice Dialing with BT

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by dmdem, May 15, 2007.

1. dmdem

dmdem New Member

I have tried two different Verizon cellphones (Samsung u540, Motorola KRZR 1m) with my Prius 05 Bluetooth, and eventhough they are able to pairup, I cannot figure out how to get the cellphones voicedial to come across to the Prius speakers as it does with a BT headset. Has anyone had success with the cellphones voice dial activation working on a Prius?.

Since the 05 Prius Nav does not have local voice dialing, it leaves you with only the one-touch dialing for making "handsfree" calls, and those numbers cannot be manually entered, but have to be transferred from a compatbile cellphone (which the u540 can do but not the KRZR cannot ). Also, with the BT turned on, the cellphones speakerphone is disabled. This has been a really frustrating experience and I am planning to give up on the useless Prius BT and purchase a standalone BT speaker kit. I have checked with the Prius dealer, and there are no updates available for the 05 Nav system.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dmdem @ May 14 2007, 10:24 PM) [snapback]442236[/snapback]</div>

You can't. The car uses the handsfree profile, and does not allow for what you're trying to do. If it used the headset profile it could be done.

If you get a BT speaker kit, unless you get one that uses the headset profile, you're going to have the exact same issues you're having now.

3. narf

narf Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Even with the 07 BT, it's tedious to voice dial since you have to speak each digit of the number. when moving you can only dial the numbers programmed into speed dial. I usually end up using the phone's keypad and screen to dial numbers not in speed dial. (someday I'll get around to putting a switch on the wire that locks out dialing while moving)

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(narf @ May 15 2007, 10:30 AM) [snapback]442397[/snapback]</div>
    You don't have to speak each number if the number is in your phone book and it has a voice tag. Then you just use the tag: "home, mom, deb's cell" or whatever.

Tom

5. Vagabond

Vagabond Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(qbee42 @ May 15 2007, 08:40 AM) [snapback]442439[/snapback]</div>

He wants to use the Voicedial features of his phone, not the car.

6. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vagabond @ May 15 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]442766[/snapback]</div>
    Right, obviously. My reply was to the quoted poster who stated: "Even with the 07 BT, it's tedious to voice dial since you have to speak each digit of the number...", and applies only to the 2006 and later models. The answer to the OP was stated earlier: you can't do that.

Tom