1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

No wait for 2005 Silver #6 in Utah

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by harrv, Nov 1, 2005.

1. harrv

harrv Member

Called my local dealer this afternoon to ask about lists and the process. Told him I wanted to take possession after the first of the year. He told me $500 to get on the list. This evening he called back. There was a 2005 Silver #6 at the port in Los Angeles and headed our way with no buyer. Estimated arrival--four to ten days.

I've never been good at waiting, so I signed all the paperwork tonight. Paid MSRP. Didn't try to get less, and he didn't ask for more.

Moral of the story...if you're willing to take possession of a 2005 in the little time we have left in 2005, you might be able to avoid all the waiting.

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Just for clarification, is it still legal in Utah to have two or more? :D

Just kidding.
    I have spent many great months over the years in Northern Utah (SLC and Logan) and have many great friends. I have a feeling that if I didn't make the joke one of them would have.

Congrats on the new Prius and welcome to Priuschat. Doesn't look like you've placed your pin on the map but you have a couple Utah friends. When you take delivery will you have pictures to post and share? In what part of Utah are you? Starting to drive a new Prius at this time in Northern UT will most certainly not return stellar mileage. However, if you learn to drive the Prius in the winter with good results, you will see awesome mileage come summer.

3. harrv

harrv Member

Of course! And Provo. Good to keep in mind.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll post more when my car comes. It'll help distract me from all the money I paid and the tax credit I didn't get. :eek:

4. harrv

harrv Member

I got a call Friday afternoon that my car had arrived. Picked it up after work. For those keeping track, that makes four days from my first contact with the dealer to taking possession.

I'm glad I didn't have to wait, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else this late in the year. The $$$ difference between now and Jan is too big.

Anyway, I promised myself I'd forget about the money and just enjoy the car from now on. I love it! And as promised, I took some pictures. Since I'm in Utah, and since my silver Prius looks pretty much like every other silver Prius, I thought thought I'd at least entertain with mountains and cows in the background.

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    A nice loking Prius in the Beehive state. And if you're in Provo, are those the Wasach Mountains behind you, leading into Sardine Canyon? Oh how I miss Utah. Such a beautiful state.

Man, fou days. I am so jealous. I put in my name February and took delivery in mid-August (in 2004).
    http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=3...1&st=&p=&#entry

Enjoy your Prius. But that goes without saying.

6. harrv

harrv Member

I took the pictures near Utah Lake at the west end of Provo. Yes, Wasatch. No, Sardine. Sardine Canyon is the one between Brigham City and Logan. I believe the one in the picture is Provo Canyon. Yes, it's a beautiful state. I love getting outside here.

I spent my pre-school years in Naperville. Small world.

I went to a movie tonight and there was a commercial at the beginning for the HSD. I wanted to shout out, "I have one of those!"