1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Noise behind navigation voice

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by jtwigg, Jun 13, 2007.

1. jtwigg

jtwigg New Member

We have an ‘07 Prius with all the options and so far our only complaint is a intermittent high pitch noise behind the voice in the navigation system. The service dept. listened to it and doesn’t hear anything unusual. I had one of the new car managers ride with me and he didn’t believe it to be normal, but said he doesn’t listen the nav system all that often. The service dept. said they would research the problem. Anyone heard of anything similar to this??

2. Danny Hamilton

Danny Hamilton Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jtwigg @ Jun 13 2007, 04:04 PM) [snapback]461115[/snapback]</div>
    I have noticed a noise from the speaker while the NAV is speaking as well. You don't give much description, so I don't know if it is the same noise.

The one I've noticed is most noticable if I am coasting or applying the brake while the NAV is speaking. It seems to be even more noticable while braking than while coasting. I've assumed that one of the MG are creating an EM frequency that is being picked up by the NAV sound circuits. It is high pitch, and quiet though noticable. It isn't a clear constant tone, more like the trill you get from a referee whistle only higher pitch and quieter.

Up until now I've just ignored it, but if the noise you hear is the same, and you manage to get it fixed, I'd love to do the same.

3. musicjet884

musicjet884 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I just purchased a 2008 Prius Touring Pk #6 with Nav, and I am also noticing an annoying high pitch sound whenever the Navi speaks during voice guidance. Has anybody found a fix to this? Thanks!

4. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    There is a bit of high pitched electrical noise in the audio output. It's normal. It may come from a noisy power supply inside the NAV box, in which case there is not much you can do about it. You could hang a low-pass filter or notch filter on the audio output of the NAV system, but I don't see it as a big problem. It's just a computer voice.

Tom