1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nokia 6255 review

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mdb654, Jun 27, 2005.

1. mdb654

mdb654 Junior Member

I haven't seen anyone post a review of this phone's interaction with the car. I picked one of this new nokia last week. Its an alltel model. here's what i know so far.

the connection with car was fairly simple. sound quality through the speakers is good, and i've asked some folks how i sound at their end and they've said i sound like i'm using a regular speaker phone, no better, no worse. they were a tad surprised i was in my car.

the mfd shows digital and roaming status, i think. it has a "d" and a little thing that looks like a tower. not really sure what that is. it does not appear to show battery or rf level. (the rf on the phone is good, btw. it seems that the meter is calibrated lower than most phones. so i'll get 2 or 3 bars in places where i used to get 4 on my old nokia, but the reception is just as good. i've seen this reported by other folks too.)

i have not figured out how to transfer the phone book yet. it might not be possible.

the connection is made automatically when i get in the car in just a few seconds. the phone rings through both the phone and the car simultaneously on an incoming call. there does not seem to be any serious delays when i answer. the radio mutes automatically. an in-progress call transfers automatically to the handset when the car is powered off. don't know about when the car is powered on.

overall, the phone is a very good deal at about $130 w/ a 2-yr deal. i passed on the moto v710, and i'm glad i did.

if anybody has any questions, please ask.

marc

2. tag

tag Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mdb654\";p=\"102166)</div>
    Looking at the profiles, it should indeed be possible:

[web:cab2c010d4]http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=2067[/web:cab2c010d4]

3. mdb654

mdb654 Junior Member

It apparently has the hardware to transfer the entire phonebook, but have yet to find the menu option to "send phonebook". probably isn't there. sending even one v-card to the prius phonebook was a chore, but i was messing with it before work today, and at that hour, everything is a chore. i'm sure i'll figure out a simpler way.

4. norbert

norbert New Member

You can only send one item at a time from the 6255i's phonebook. You start the procedure from the Prius, but there are so many steps you have to repeat every time, it's a real nuisance.

I am going with a BT headset instead. You can use the voice dialing with the headset and you can use the voice note feature of the 6255i also from the headset. You can't do either one of those through the car's BT functions.

At highway speeds, it is much easier to hear and be heard with a BT headset.