1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nokien WR-G2 Tyres (What a Difference!)

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by freo-1, Dec 26, 2009.

1. freo-1

freo-1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, after the big snowstorm up here in New England, I realized that the OEM tires on the 2009 Prius Touring is junk in bad weather.

So, after careful research, I purchased the Nokien Wr-G2 Tyres. Although they were not cheap, to me, they are worth the investment.

The performance is signifigantly improved from the OEM units, as they really grab the road in snow and ice, less road noise, slight increase in fuel economy, etc.

In short, if you live in a climate that has snow and ice, one cannot go wrong with these tyres.

2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Even if you only see heavy rain they are wonderful. I haven't been able to aqua-plane mine, even after hitting 6" of water at 100 km/hr! -THAT- was impressive. Scary, but impressive. Mine are the older WR model, but very similar.

Bonus, they are just fine in summer.

Thanks for the report. We've been wondering if they lost any capability in the G2 model.

3. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I am wondering as well as to how long would this tire last - average # of miles.

4. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Mine came with a 100,000 km treadwear warranty. That's about 60,000 mi. I'm about half way through that now with lots of tread left.

5. freo-1

freo-1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

That sounds about right. The dealer stated that they were good for 60 K miles, as long as they were rotated regularly.