1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non HID Low beam out Passenger Side. Not bulb. Not Connector.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by GeorgeGarman, May 25, 2012.

1. GeorgeGarman

GeorgeGarman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Resolved: Fuse for low beam, Right Hand side only out.
    I am having an issue where the passenger side low beam headlight does not get power. At first I thought it was the bulb, but after troubleshooting, I found I am not getting power to the wire for the low beam on the passenger side (on my non HID bulb). I tested at the connector - no power. The Wire itself near connector also shows no power as well by probing back about an inch. The high beam works properly.
    I was wondering what I should check next since all other exterior lights on the car function properly. I can try to trace the wire back to find a damaged spot, but I wasn't sure if there were any other easier items to check first.
    Thanks in advance!

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    i haven't checked, but on many cars each headlight has its own fuse. you may just have a blown fuse. if that's not the case, you will need a wiring diagram to figure out where the wires for the low beams split. the junction might be corroded or something. usually the japs loom their wiring so that it can't get damaged unles you wreck the car or hack it up adding accessories.

1 person likes this.
  3. GeorgeGarman

GeorgeGarman Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That was it. Thanks much. I did not realize there was a fuse for each side, high and low.

4. Daves09prius

Daves09prius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Glad it was a simple fix!