1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non mechanical squeaking noise coming from rear passenger side cabin area

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by smhennes, Sep 7, 2012.

1. smhennes

smhennes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Looking for thoughts or ideas on this. Only appears to happen under 75 percent or so acceleration and slightly heavy breaking. Sounds like an electrical squeal intermittent under the above conditions

2. edthefox5

edthefox5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Only thing back there is either the brakes (open the window and see if its coming from outside) or there's the Hybrid battery cooling fan mounted on the rear pass side seat between the door and the seat. You will see the grill for it. Get a flashlight and look in the grill and make sure that fan is not clogged with hair or dust. Thats fan only runs when the hybird battery is getting hot and thats a whole other discussion. You did not post mileage on car either.

Please fill out your profile so we know what year you own and where you live.

3. smhennes

smhennes Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I will update it. I have a 2007 gen 2 Prius it has 150,000 miles on it. it almost sounds like an electrical squeak maybe coming through the speaker feedback definitely not brakes not really sure what it is will take a look at the fan when I have a chance.