1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-nav JBL song info

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by fgmg, Jul 28, 2009.

1. fgmg

fgmg New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I was wondering if the Prius without nav but the JBL upgrade can display the song titles/artists in the radio window?

I was playing around and I noticed that tuning to FM stations only showed the frequency without showing any additional info.

However, with the sattelite radio, I noticed it displayed the current song information.

Is it possible to see the song information (scrolling?) in the non-NAV JBL system?

2. NovaStu

NovaStu New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I'm not sure if the radio has the capability of displaying detailed program information but rememberthat not all FM stations broadcast it even if you had RDS capability on your end.

Stu

3. accordingly

accordingly Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I don't think the radio has RDS capabilities.

Also, the XM radio signal does not scroll to show all the characters that are being broadcast, you're stuck with it cutting off.

I guess they needed to save the weight of all those extra letters.

4. Prius3Gen

Prius3Gen New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I could not find it myself, then one day I saw the "TEXT" button on the right bottom of the radio.

User Manual
    3-2. Using the audio system (Page 297)

Displaying text information
    Press "TEXT".
    The display will show up to 10 characters.
    The display changes as follows each time the button is pressed.
    l CH NAME
    l TITLE (SONG/PROGRAM TITLE)
    l NAME (ARTIST NAME/FEATURE)
    l CH NUMBER

~~~
    Scrolling . . . I don't know yet, I was looking for that when I found this post.

5. kevine062657

kevine062657 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I have a 2010 IV with the Ipod package (the overly expensive one) and found that I could display the rest of text (past the 10 characters) by holding down the text button. It is not much, but it does show the rest of the artist or the rest of the song name when you do this. Not sure if it works on the satellite radio or not.

1 person likes this.