1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non operation

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by frenzee, Dec 19, 2018.

1. frenzee

frenzee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I'll be going on a 2-week vacation. The C (100k mi.) will be parked in my enclosed garage, and I don't expect temperatures to drop below 50F. Do I need to prep the car in any way? I can put a trickle charger on the 12v system, but what about the traction battery? Will it self discharge if the car is not driven for 2 weeks? If that happens and the car is off, will the ICE start itself?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    nope, you're fine. you can trickle as a precaution, you never know on a 5 year old battery.

you should use an agm maintainer though, not any old charger

the hybrid battery will be fine, and the car cannot start itself. maybe someday :eek:

as a reference point, i leave my car in an unheated garage every winter for up to 9 weeks

michael.sfo likes this.
  3. frenzee

frenzee Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Thx bisco for the input. The 12v battery is new, but it's a puny Lithium-Iron-Phosphate (not OEM) about the size and weight of a Coke can. I'm tempted to leave it as is to see if it would last two weeks. I know some systems on the car stay on, even when you turn it off, like the brake pump and what I assume is the fuel pump in the back because I can hear them come on and go off on their own, even if the car is completely shut off.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    biggest drain is sks if you have it