1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale non-running 06 Prius new OEM Hybrid battery 09/19

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by redfxrs, Oct 25, 2019.

1. redfxrs

redfxrs Junior Member

Selling non running 2006 Prius w package 7 for parts or repair.

Got RToD @ 204,000 miles, the ICE shut down but continued to drive the car until it no longer ran off of EV. Using Techstream got P3000, P3004 & PA080 The 12 volt was over 5 years old so it was replaced (Toyota PN 00544-21171-325) along with a new Toyota Hybrid Battery (PN G9510-47031). Parts are covered under Toyota's new parts warranty: 1 year on the self-installed hybrid. All services performed using toyota service manual and new cables & hardware supplied with the HV battery pack. After install code 3004 would not go away. I had the car towed to a Toyota dealer who replaced 1) resistor G3842-47020 and 2) swapped out the hybrid computer with a good one BUT code 3004 still present. Dealer created TAS case and Toyota recommended replacing the inverter. This is where I have thrown in the towel. The car is available for sale and is located in Allentown PA.

I am the original owner. I have roughly $1800 in the Hybrid & 12 volt batteries that are still under warranty. The car is in good condition, the ICE runs, and all other systems work other than noted above. I'd like to cover my recent outlays. Please PM me if you are in a position to buy. Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Albert Barbuto

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Base
  3. kc&her07

kc&her07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    I am in a similar position with my 2007 Prius/200k. 1) What did you end up doing with your car? 2) Did you learn anything that might be helpful???

TL : DR I blew the ac/dc inverter when jumping the 12v battery. Dealer wanted 3800 plus labor. Hometown Hybrids(mobile repairs) wants 1200 total. Also needs new 12v, & new rear tires. Even w the lower est, spending all that doesn't make sense in my situation......(below)

MORE (optional) background than you probably don't want to know!
    ======================
    I had been using a Taklife charger to jump it every time for the last 2 years...~2-4 jumps a week.

(I Inherited the car & I didn't know the "rules" for keeping the 12v healthy. So car was sitting for weeks at a time during the pandemic, till it finally wouldn't even hold a charge. ) .

Then a couple weeks ago in the dark I thought I could tell which cable was red. I was wrong.:mad:

Yeah!:cry:

Spent waaay too much to have them replace some sort of master fuse ($900) before they could even diagnose if there was anything else the matter. Once they got the fuse in, THEN the computer tells them the ac/dc inverter assembly was shot.....

I am hoping to move 6-8 mos from now. iF the car had been in good shape, I had been planning to ship it.(~$1200) Now I'm thinking of all that money that I'd save ( repairs, maint. shipping, insurance premium!) if I let the car go. Enough for uber rides while I'm still here and a headstart on getting a car once I move. Esp if I can get a decent amount for it "as is."

So FWIW that's my story.

4. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Daaaauuummmmmm....$900 for the fusible link in the underhood fuse box. WOW.
    30 minute job....
    and it usually blows 2 or 3 more "normal" fuses in that fusebox, so it may be worth looking into that, if that wasn't also fixed.