1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-SKS Key Fob Circuit Board

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kuriti, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Kuriti

Kuriti Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hey all,

This is just a shot in the dark. I just bought an OEM Key for $90 and got it programmed the first time for start and locking. Thanks PriusChat! The old fob's case is torn and it must have gotten wet as the circuit board is toast. I changed battery several times, took it apart, sprayed it with contact cleaner, the buttons aren't stuck. It's toast. The RFID still works fine. So my question. Does anyone have a functioning transmitter board they would like to sell me for cheap? I already bought an aftermarket case before I diagnosed it as dead, so I have that and the functioning RFID chip. I don't want to pay the $50 on ebay for a used one, but if I have to I will. Hoping someone replaced their old one and the case was so screwed up (or the RFID chip was broken) they didn't bother putting it on ebay. Thanks for any help.