1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-SKS Key Fob

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by Sean I., Aug 26, 2019.

1. Sean I.

Sean I. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Hello all,

I've been trying to get a second key fob for my used Prius I recently purchased. It is a Non-SKS fob with black logo in the back.

I ordered one from Amazon (new without Toyota logo) and tried to program. It didn't work. Seller sent me a replacement which also didn't work.

I ordered another one from eBay's KeylessKing and it also didn't work.

Basically, when I put in the new fob to be programmed, the security light on the dashboard blinks twice, then 3 times, back and forth for about a minute. Then it continues to blink.

Anybody ever had an issue like this? How did you solve it?

If I order a used key fob with Toyota logo in the back, would it make a difference?

Thanks in advance.

2. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Is the car SKS? If so, a non-SKS fob is not going to work. SKS cars have the black buttons on the front door handles.

SFO likes this.
  3. Sean I.

Sean I. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    It's a Non-SKS.

4. RobH

RobH Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I think you'll need to use Techstream to figure this one out. One possibility is that there is already the maximum of 5 keyfobs registered.