1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-SKS Keyfob for 2006 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ari, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I just ordered the Non-SKS keyfob for my 2006 Prius. Here's how to get one for yourself:

- Go to http://www.toyotadiscountparts.com/
    - Enter part number 8907047180 in the Toyota parts search
    - Right now it's $135.17 with shipping!

I couldn't find this information anywhere else, so I'm posting it here. Note: this is the keyfob (transmitter) and the blank key - you will still need to get it programmed somewhere. This is a much better deal than the $200 my local San Diego dealers were asking for.

:)

- Ari

2. fphinney

fphinney Member

Ari -

When you say, "Non-SKS Keyfob," I suppose you mean that it just hasn't been programed yet? Maybe a better term might be, "Unprogramed-SKS Keyfob?"

3. Ari

Ari New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(fphinney @ Oct 5 2006, 12:28 AM) [snapback]328348[/snapback]</div>
    I actually mean the NON-Smartkey FOB. Yes, the new one will not be programmed either, but believe it or not, some of us don't have SmartKey! :lol: We have to manually insert the FOB into the car to start it. (Note: I deliberately selected pkg #1 because I didn't want to pay for SmartKey - if it came standard, I'd be happy too.)

The part numbers for the FOB are different for SKS and non-SKS.

4. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

While looking on EBay for a fob for my friend's honda, I took a peek to see if the vendor had Prius fobs. He did, and indicated that there is programming steps available for an owner to program a new non-SKS fob to the Prius without the scanner. According to him, an SKS model would require the scanner. I think it can be done though.

SKS fobs have a silver logo embossed, non-SKS fobs have black.