1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Non-'stealerships'

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by galaxee, Mar 25, 2005.

1. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Someone had a good idea earlier and I now have motivation to do something about it. Let's post recommendations of good dealers who won't screw us over... here's my story.

I picked up my car on a rainy day. I obviously wasn't able to see any scratches since the car was all wet and such... so they told me to bring it back soon for a detail and check for scratches when the car dried off.

I found a few minor things, brought it in to have them fixed, no problem. One of the scratches was too deep to fix without buffing out the clearcoat.

I got a survey call the next day. I gave them a 'good' (not 'excellent') because of the one scratch they couldn't fix. I was a little irked about that, it is my first new car after all. This morning, I get a call from the customer service manager. Not from the dealership. From his in-laws' house.. he was on vacation. Talk about dedication!

"So we couldn't fix that scratch? Tell ya what, bring it in next week and we'll make sure it looks perfect, no matter what it takes. We want you to be completely satisfied with your new car."

Wow. Nice!

Now I might say their actions were influenced by the fact that my husband works for them. Except the CSM has never met my husband and obviously doesn't know me either. Even if we had no personal ties to them, we would definitely go back for anything we needed.

So... after a great sales experience and great service, Mark Jacobson Toyota in Durham, NC gets top marks from me!

2. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Glad to see you taking my idea and "running" with it. Hopefully more members will check out this post and add to it. :roll:

3. Old n Bold

Old n Bold New Member

Foothills Toyota in Burlington, WA, treated me very well and went the extra mile to hit the phone and call all the dealers in the area for the model I wanted. They found it in a couple of hours and sent the salesman there to drive it back. I got my car for MSRP and no pressure, without waiting. I passed up a nearer dealer to work with them.

Now, I plan to give them a shot at the first service point to see how good their service dept. is.

4. craigcush

craigcush Member

My dealer in N. AZ took $1000 off a #6 and even delivered to my door an hour away. (Single dad transportation issues).
    I didn't want a #6 but the price and the techno-fun (and I admit, useful) level of all the toys has me quite satisfied.
    In my excitement of delivery I wrote the check on the wrong bank account. No problem, they are waiting patiently for the funds to transfer.
    I was not amused with the 'window etching', "You will really save on your insurance", not in my experience. Six ins. agencies I called could have cared less, only the toyota antitheft mattered.
    Other than that I would do it all over.
    The dealer is Bob Sellers in Flagstaff, AZ

Craig C
    Sedona AZ

5. KCPrius

KCPrius Member

Little Apple Toyota in Manhattan, KS. They asked for a $500 refundable deposit to place the order, charged MSRP and no "dealer fees" and threw in floor mats and a trunk mat. Super easy to work with and just a great dealership.

6. paprius4030

paprius4030 My first Prius

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Although i didn't buy from them, my local dealer, Halterman's Toyota in East Stroudsburg, Pa. has given me great service. They refunded my deposit, no questions asked, when i couldn't wait anymore and found my Prius in West Virginia.

7. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    I've had two no-hassle experiences with Dianne @ Carson Toyota, the latter below MSRP.

8. ReallyLily

ReallyLily New Member

I had a great experience at Toyota of Santa Barbara. The price was MSRP, the wait was one month, and everyone was super nice.

9. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Although it's been a while since I got my Prius... I'm sold on the service I got from Burt Toyota, 5460 S. Broadway, Englewood, CO ... my internet salesman Jay Titterington ([email protected] , 303-789-6626) worked with me via the internet and got my car in 59 days...

Bob Andersen

10. nannyandnutro

nannyandnutro New Member

Beaman Toyota of Nashville got my car in under 3 months at MSRP with no hassles. Kevin Reed was great to work with. Their service department is so-so. I take my Prius to Alexander Toyota in nearby Franklin now.

11. betshsu

betshsu Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nannyandnutro\";p=\"76085)</div>
    I bought my Prius from Kevin as well. He even called after our road trip back to Texas to make sure we made it okay. And those cookies Beaman sent sure were yummy.

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

I've had honest, fair and reliable dealings with Freeman Toyota in Santa Rosa, CA

13. Drifter

Drifter Member

I had a good experience with Tyler Toyota in Mount Vernon Illinois. I live in the northern Chicago suburbs. They're down in southern Illinois. We were able to do most of the initial paperwork over the phone/fax. And our sales guy, Matthew King, even drove my new Prius two hours (half way) to meet us!

14. maddmaxx

maddmaxx New Member

Beck Toyota on the south side of Indianapolis treated me fine. Nothing exceptional, but there was no add on fee's, no gimicks, and no games. Overall a good experience.

15. rick57

rick57 Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Not only the sales,but is the service department just as good? Give us credit too. :lol:

16. darkpyro

darkpyro New Member

Crown Toyota's Internet Department was one of the few places I turned to and left with a smile! (or a prius for that matter) This was in Ontario, California just a couple weeks ago. Ask for David Ramos! He got me a great deal below MSRP, and he was true to his word. Very helpful and has since called me back to further assist me with any of my needs.
    If there's one thing I learned it'e that the internet department is no haggle when compared to the rest of the dealership and can usually offer better prices.

17. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Both myself and another PriusChatter got our Prii (via brokers) at Capitol Toyota of Salem, Oregon.

I can only speak of them "at a distance", as I never talked to them, but my broker says they're one of the best dealerships he's dealt with. I got mine last November for slightly under MSRP (which, back in the day, was hard to do. :) )

18. popoff

popoff New Member

I'd like to add Haley Toyota in Roanoke, VA to the list.

Salesman Louis Price was very easy to deal with. I got a good price and delivery from stock. No packs or hard sell.

I live in NC but have never been able to do business with a local Toyota dealer since the SE distributor just about always loads up the cars with extras, including $600+ for "Toyoguard."

19. LOLGuy

LOLGuy Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I, too, had issues with SE dealer add-ons and the fact that local dealers wanted $2500 - $4000 over MSRP.

I found Joe Taylor at Darscars if Frederick, MD. Joe sold me a BC for $500 BELOW MSRP. 900 miles away but no problems with this dealer.

20. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I can add.....

Quality Toyota in Corona, CA........

I dealt with them strictly on the phone and they honored everything they said then would!
    Fast Transaction, Clean dealership. What impressed me the most was my salesperson (fleet sales) owned a P* and knew the car inside-out!
    I didnt' feel pressured or like I had to get defensive at any point! Great experience
    Kudos Quality Toyota!
    [Broken External Image]:http://jm.g.free.fr/smileys/unclassified/smiley_aarh.gif