1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nontechnical guy new here

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by RobKuhn, Nov 6, 2018.

1. RobKuhn

RobKuhn New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Hi ...

I recently had to replace the Body ECU on my 2012 Prius C two. I'm wondering where it is in the car - in order to determine whether something stupid I did (actually, something I didn't do) might have contributed to the failure. Another conversation established that in the 2013 Prius (model?), it's behind the dashboard on the driver's side. I'd love to hear that it's in the same spot in my 2012 C - as that would make it less likely that what I did caused the failure. Thanks for your help.

Thanks!

Rob

2. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Very little changed from the 2012 to the 2013. Mid 2013 had a fuse box jump terminal tab added, but as far as I know, that's about the only change.

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    Due to practical considerations (wire length, space available) the body computer of nearly every car made is more or less in the same spot- under the dash, close to the steering column & pedal assembly.

4. sam spade 2

sam spade 2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is intriguing.
    What WAS it that you did ?? :whistle:

I believe that computer board is commonly called the Body Control Module, or BCM.

5. rjdriver

rjdriver Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Here's a drawing showing placement in the Prius (part #12). The page doesn't mention the C specifically, just Prius 2012-2015, but it probably wouldn't take too much digging around under the dash to confirm the exact placement. And as ztanos said, it's very unlikely the 2012 and 2013 are any different.

ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS.