1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NOOB from Orlando, Fl

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by xrygrl23, Feb 16, 2012.

1. xrygrl23

xrygrl23 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi everyone :0) very new here (hehehe) I just got myself a 2007 Red Prius Touring with 97k miles. I always liked Toyota. But now I am so happy about my Prius.
    I need help guys and gals. About engine oil change and what type and how many quarts and how many miles before the next change, what oil filter is best to use, inverter coolant how many quarts, tran/axel change what type and how many quarts.
    I like to do my own maintenance. I know this is the right forum to be. I hope I can contribute to help everyone. But for now I need your best advice.
    Right now I am not the only one that has a trunk latch meltdown for the 2007 Prius. I am planning to buy a pair of strut brace because the latch is tough to lift.
    Thank you all for welcoming me in the forum. Looking forward to hear from everyone soon.
    Dev

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: to Priuschat! I hope you enjoy your Prius as much as I do mine.

3.7 Quarts of 5-w30 oil every 5000 miles in a Gen 2 Prius, the toyota oil filter is fine.
    Only use Toyota's WS ATF in the transaxle, as the fluid cools electrical motors so needs to be insulating, not something most ATF is even tested for. Toyota has no defined interval, every 60,000 miles should be fine.