1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Noob with a Prius in my future (I hope)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by KrPtNk, Sep 15, 2015.

1. KrPtNk

KrPtNk Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I have been lurking on this forum for several years. I loved the second generation Prius when I first discovered it and was curious about how it was designed. I learned a great deal from this forum and my admiration for Toyota's approach to designing and making this vehicle has only grown with time. Until recently I was driving a 1984 BMW and before that '68 BMW 2002. I keep my cars a long time and do most of the maintenance and repair myself. I hate having to use gasoline and am hoping to buy a Prius Plugin when the new model becomes available. Most of my driving is local and the trips are less than 20 miles.

I feel that I am fortunate to be in a position to consider a new Prius now. I think that the 4th generation is a very exciting car. Although I don't know much about the mechanics and performance of the car yet, it is easy to see that Toyota is very serious about making the 4th generation a major step forward. I think that the 3rd generation car is getting long in the tooth and it was time for a major change.

I really appreciate all the work that went into the reporting from the Las Vegas show. As a first introduction to the car it was very helpful. Thanks, KPN

2. Munpot42

Munpot42 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Rumor has it that there won't be a 16 plug in, dealers still have a boatload of 15's to get rid of, first new plug in in the 17 model year.

3. KrPtNk

KrPtNk Active Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I am thinking I will be getting one about the same we will be getting a new president.