1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NorCal '06 packages and first allocation

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jack 06, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    NorCal dealers will sell #3, 6, 7 and 8.

(For comparison: SoCal: 1, 3, 6, 8)

First allocation (Dec. 5-Jan 6): 1,150 vehicles. Pkg. #3: 30%, or 345

Want 2, 4 or 5? FISH!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Very interesting. That's odd that the dealers in SoCal that won't be allocated #7. I'm personally one of those who'd like either #1, #2, or #7. I wouldn't wanna pay extra for the leather in #8.

3. Vincent

Vincent Don't Wait Until Tomorrow

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    December Allocation Makes Sense

A few weeks ago a member posted this Link to the Southeast Region Prius inventory. When I first looked there were 18 pages of 2005's (450 cars). By the beginning of this week the inventory of 2005's was down to 150; thought for sure the 2006's would start showing up at the Jacksonville port any day. Yesterday, the 2005 inventory jumped up by 150 cars to 300.

If the port stays on a 2-3 week arrival schedule it looks like the SE region is headed toward early December for the first 2006's.

No wonder Toyota's not updating the toyota.com website for the 2006's. At this rate, GM's 2007 Escalade will be available before Toyota burns through the 2005 Prius inventory.

4. lwillis

lwillis New Member

I don't think there is any problem moving the 2005 inventory. You have to appreciate the fact that logistically it will take a bit to get all the 2005's throught the pipeline. I wish someone could tell us if they are now producing 2006's in the plant in Japan, and how soon will the first ones be shipped. There was a link posted that shows the shipping schedules.

http://www.toyofuji.co.jp/ships/north_america.pdf

This gets updated and I can't find my copy of the October ship schedule at the moment which showed port arrivals in November. So there could be another ship full of 2005's yet...... But I'm crossing my fingers, toes, and any other part of my body that 2006's will be on the next ship. Does anyone on PC have any connections in Toyota to determine whether 2006's are rolling off the assembly line, and have they began loading any on ships yet???

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

'06s started production 11/1, according to "Ken in Japan", who posted it on, oh, I think the "2006 Prius Options...etc" thread.

6. QED

QED New Member

According to an uncomfirmed, but well placed source, '06 Priuses have arrived in Hawaii. If true, the West Coast cannot be far behind. :D
    I will try to comfirm this later today.

7. SupermanSC

SupermanSC New Member

Can you please let me know where you're getting this information? We pre-ordered two #6 packages in SoCal (from Longo Toyota) and just called them to get an update on availability. They now say #6 won't be sold in Southern CA, and we can only get #1, #3, #7, or #8. Although, their story changes weekly, so I'd like to get some firm information as to what's available in SoCal. Thanks!

-Mark

8. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Did you try going to the Prius site and 'building your car' using your zip code or that of Longo's? What packages does it come up with?

You have to remember you dug up a thread from a month ago, I think before these cars were even available in Ca so the info may have changed.

9. SupermanSC

SupermanSC New Member

I just tried (we're in zip code 93065). It shows Packages 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 as "orderable". How can I get the guys at Longo to get one on it's way over here?

-Mark

10. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

The SoCal available packages changed last week. There was a brief thread here on it. You're not the only one.

#6 is still available in Norcal.

If you want this verified from a dealer who knows what goes on, look up carsontoyota.com and call Dianne Whitmire, Fleet Mgr. She's a member of PC.

11. SupermanSC

SupermanSC New Member

Thanks for the update. Would you happen to have a link to the thread, I wasn't able to locate it. Do you know of any dealers offering #6 at MSRP in Norcal?

Mark