1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Normalizing windows...help?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by reesdude, Aug 15, 2005.

1. reesdude

reesdude New Member

I was attempting the fog mod, and when i finished I noticed that my auto window up/down did not function and the "auto" on the window switch was blinking. After restarting it worked fine, but when the window completely closes, it sounds like the motor is still trying to push it up. I heard that if the diconnect the battery, "normalization of the windows" may be necessary... What is exactly is that because i think i may have "un-normalized windows" now... and how do I do it? Thanks to anyone for the help

2. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

run the window down and keep holding the switch down for about 3 seconds then run the window up to the top and keep holding the switch up for 3 seconds. Should work normal now.

3. reesdude

reesdude New Member

It did not seem to work, after trying that and going up and down several times, the "auto" kept on blinking and the window actually seized moving half way closed while I was still holding the switch up... Could this be an electrical problem, something I did wrong while performing the fog mod?

4. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    From the owner's manual:

To normalize the power window:

1. Push down the power window switch
    and lower the window halfway.

2. Pull up the switch until the window
    closes and hold the switch for a second.

Make sure that the window opens and
    closes automatically. If the power window
    cannot be operated properly, have it
    checked by your Toyota dealer.