1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Northern VA meet proposed at Potomac Mills

Discussion in 'Local Clubs, Events, and Road Trips' started by stuhillman2004, Apr 6, 2004.

1. stuhillman2004

stuhillman2004 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I checked out a possible site for a Northern Virginia/Maryland/DC meeting place at Potomac Mills shopping center. I suggest the parking lot in front of the IKEA store. You can't miss the IKEA store it's huge and blue and yellow! There are some practical reasons: IKEA has a cheap and cheerful cafeteria and clean restrooms. Also, if it rains there is undercover parking under the store. For those with NAV systems the coordinates of the parking lot are LAT N38Deg 38' 34", LONG W77Deg 17' 26". The street address is 2901 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA 22192. For those without NAV systems, take exit 156 from Interstate 95 and follow the signs to the Potomac Mills Shopping Center. IKEA is on the peripheral road (Circle) so if you just keep going around, you will find it eventually.

Let me know how many would be interested in a Saturday morning/lunch meet towards the end of this month. Add to this post or contact me offline at [email protected]

2. rflagg

rflagg Member

Hey, any excuse for me to go to IKEA is a good excuse for me! :) I'm completely fine with that, as I often have to head down to Prince William County on the weekends anyways - I've noticed quite a few people on here are from Maryland, I guess it's more up to them if that's too far off, etc. But for me, it works! :)

-m.

3. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

I would love to, but the end of the month I will hopefully be in West virginia picking up my prius!

4. Tempus

Tempus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I agree in principle, but I am questioning the wisdom of bringing my wife within visual range of IKEA.

5. rflagg

rflagg Member

:lolup:

But, Swedish self build furniture, and it's so cheap!!! At the very least, tell me you can't say no to their meatballs? :)

-m.

6. stuhillman2004

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK - everyone wants to be a smart whatsit! But it looks like we could have a quorum. How about April 24? I'm doing something else on the 17th. and the 10th. is probably too soon.

7. rflagg

rflagg Member

sure, sounds good to me!

-m.

8. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

I will be in NJ at a Lexus owners meetup. :(
    Guess I'll catch you guys next meetup!

9. newprius2004

newprius2004 New Member

Potomac Mills is a great location and only about 35-40 minutes from here as long as there are no accidents or construction on the Beltway or on 95.
    The only problem I have is that every time my wife and I go there it is a least a $500 excursion.

10. KathyY

KathyY Member

We will be in Reno putting on a CME conference for military doctors at that time. Maybe next get together.

11. stuhillman2004

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    OK Guys. Sounds good. How about 1030am on the 24th? The parking lot in question is to the left accross the street (looking out from the IKEA entrance). If it's raining, scout around the parking lot underneath the building for a remote corner.

Now, let's see. If I fold down both seats, I could probably get that complete prefabricated kitchen cabinet set in....

12. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I edited your original post to add the date to the Calendar.

If the date/time changes just edit the original post with the new data.

13. pkjohna

pkjohna Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'll try to make it but I also want to check out the Southern Maryland Celtic Festival the same day: http://www.cssm.org/festival2.htm

Oh well, who cares about a few extra miles -- I've got a Prius!

14. aaron-aggie

aaron-aggie New Member

I am in :)

Any of you guys in Alexandria?

Last night there were three '04's around ST. Josephs on North Columbus.

My Silver, another Silver and a Seaside Pearl.

I also noticed several others on my commute to Tyson's Corner.

15. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Alright all, so what time is this shindig? I am leaving this afternoon for WV to pick up my car, pending of course it arrives on the lot today (it was supposed to arrive yesterday and the truck never showed). I might get home early enough to go to the meetup.

16. chris_b_01

chris_b_01 New Member

I would like to attend... but I just got on the list for a Prius

It's always a nice trip out to IKEA from Virginia Beach

Perhaps I'll get lucky and receive "THE CALL" today from my dealer???

Chris

17. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Good luck with that!! :mrgreen: If you want to make the drive, at least you will be able to sit in a few.

Hey all....go to http://prius.meetup.com/ and register in northern virginia. I am listed as ferretfoots.

18. rflagg

rflagg Member

Looks like I'll probably have to cancel this time around - the organization I volunteer with, Animal Allies, is having a meeting I can't miss out on Saturday morning. Let us all know how it goes, and let's work on planning another for next month if everyone's game! :)

-m.

19. stuhillman2004

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Alright all, so what time is this shindig? I am leaving this afternoon for WV to pick up my car, pending of course it arrives on the lot today (it was supposed to arrive yesterday and the truck never showed). I might get home early enough to go to the meetup.

1030 am on the 24th. IKEA parking lot, Potomac Mills.

20. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm New Member

Since I still dont have my car, I wont be back in the DC area till saturday night. Thanks for the info though. I wish I could make it. Next month it is I guess