1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not a commercial endorsement: G3 yes!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by bwilson4web, Aug 12, 2010.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    There are several G3/G4 networks about and recently the prices have become more reasonable. I am testing T-Mobil's Rocket V2.0 (USB G3 and WiFi capable stick) and it is a nice package. At $40/mo., I'm seeing more bandwidth (500 mbs at office) than xDSL lite at $20/mo. I get the HW for free because of my employer. Best of all, it has a lot of flexibility.

I've got 14 days to throughly test it:
    • Ability to make WiFi temporary base?
    • Operational stability?
    • Roaming, the ability to travel about town?

Still I'm pretty impressed and I've only had it four hours. Testing, testing, testing, a dirty job but someone has to do it. <grins>

I have my wife's, Intel Macbook with a windows emulator. First I got it running under windows to download the Mac control software. Then I loaded the Mac software and that is what I'm using now. To the Mac OS, it looks like a "modem" but a very fast modem. <GRINS>

I had considered Android but they still look a little pricy and it isn't clear if they can tether to a full size Mac. Maybe next year.

Bob Wilson