1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not a new owner, but new poster - Question about 2003 that suddenly had crazy warning lights go on.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by clemmiez 03, May 31, 2013.

1. clemmiez 03

clemmiez 03 Junior Member

Couldn't find a group for pre: 2004 cars, so I hope someone can help me here. I bought an '03 six years ago and have loved it ever since. Due to being out of town for months at a clip, the car has only 77,300 miles on it. Never a problem (well, after it sat for a year I did have to replace the original, small battery). And after the recall of something in the steering column a few years ago, it took several visits to the dealer to get the wheel to feel right. But other than that, all I've had to do was put on set of tires, change the cabinair filter, get the headlight covers cleaned, and get regular oil changes and tire rotations. The car has been great! And today, it was still great, but I briefly heard a click, click, click sound coming from the rear left side as I was doing about 34/40 mph on a busy street. Had the window open and figured I'd stop and look when I got to where I was going. I did, and saw nothing unusual. When I got back into the car after my appointment, I was shocked to see that the dashboard had lit up like a disco with a gazillion warning lights. None that I'd ever seen before. I drove the 7 or 8 miles to the dealership without hearing any click, click, click sound or feeling, seeing, smelling, hearing anything abnormal. The car drove just fine. I've looked through this site and I found a picture that looks just like what I saw.
    OMG - I hope it's not the hybrid battery, or the axle thingy....gulp. Dealership service guy is new, doesn't want to take a guess and of course, the repair guys were leaving within the hour so I have to wait and find out. Car is exactly 10 years 2 months old since first on the road...Will Toyota honor the hybrid battery replacement (if that's it). Again, car has only 77,300 miles on it. Comments, suggestions, please ~ Thank you.

Attached Files: