1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not black or white, #7, Nov 2005, Woburn MA

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by LewLasher, Jan 11, 2006.

1. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Date ordered: 30 Nov 2005

Dealer ordered from: Woburn Toyota (Woburn, Massachusetts, USA)

Timeframe for delivery: 6 months

Color: any but black or white

Option package: #7

Waiting list #: unknown

2. Maytrix

Maytrix Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Contact Gilles at Westborough Toyota. They could have just as long of a wait, but they seem to get more in stock then most. He's also the greatest car ... hmm.. salesguy just doesn't fit him.. anyway, he's really great to deal with. I lucked out and met with him first back at the end of August. I drove off with my #6 on the 1st of Sept.

Edit - You could also check his site and email him. Hybrid Center

3. roach52osu

roach52osu New Member

That is exactly what I requested here when I placed my order... #7 no black no white pref silver, seaside or driftwood. I hope to here something soon on mine good luck with your order.

4. maggieddd

maggieddd Senior Member

I am surprised the waiting list is so long. I already have 2005 Prius but for about one day I was jealous that I don't have '06 model. Called 3 dealers in RI and they all had at least 1 Prius unclaimed for. That's how I got mine. I never put myself on the waiting list. Decided to get one on Friday and had one by Monday. That was back in July.
    Just call around.

5. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    I just got email that a #5 is available. (I see that I wrote #7 here, but I have since decided that it's not worth getting the #7 just for the HID+fog lights.)

But now I'm thinking of waiting for a #4, which, they say, ought to be available in 3-5 months, which would still put me in safe territory with regard to the tax credit.

6. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    The salesguy sent me email that they don't have anyone on the list for the package #5. So, if anyone in the Boston area wants a package #5 at MSRP, there's one available at Woburn. The Internet sales guy there is Robert Fahey, 339-645-2225.

(I assume a moderator will let me know if I have broken the PriusChat rules by posting the sales contact information here.)

7. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    Got the call yesterday: they have a package #4 coming in within the next couple of weeks. (Driftwood, if that matters to someone.)

So it's been about 5 months since I first got on the waiting list, and 3 months since I changed my preference from package #5 to package #4.

Haven't heard anything from the other Toyota dealer (Lexington Toyota) in the 3 months since I got on their list (for package #4). So it looks like perhaps it was a good strategy to get on 2 lists.

Anyone want to buy a '94 Camry with 275,000 miles (as of yesterday) ...?

8. LewLasher

LewLasher Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    XLE AWD-e
    After more than 2 years of reading PriusChat, after more than 5 months on the waiting list, and after more than 2 weeks after "getting the phone call", I finally have a Prius.

It's nice.

(And, thanks to Craig's List, I had no trouble selling my 1994 Camry, and probably could have gotten more for it, despite its 275,000+ miles.)

OK, I need to take a nap now.