1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not even a newbie yet!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by pvsteph7, Jan 22, 2008.

1. pvsteph7

pvsteph7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    They should have a forum chat for people who aren't even owners of Priuses yet, but will hopefully soon be and are already obsessed with PriusChat.

I'm looking around and have driven and looked at a few.

All I can say is, I CANNOT wait! Can't wait for the MPGs, can't wait for the toys, can't wait for having a signature line on my postings that have my model year and color, can't wait to become obsessed with how to drive to get better mileage, can't wait for all of it!

Just wanted to say and hopefully, next time I post, I will be a bonafide newbie!

Oh, one last thing: what is the one thing that you love the most about your prius? Just trying to figure out what to look for in terms of the options, color, everything.

2. john1701a

john1701a Prius Guru

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Careful what you ask...

For me, it's the fact that I've been driving one for over 7 years.

Prius has overwhelming proven a wise purchase decision.

3. PrematurelyGray

PrematurelyGray Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Does that mean you're still gestating?

My car is a pretty (handsome) red, that accommodate's my son's long-legged 16 year old friends in the back seat. And it's zippy when I need zip.

4. pvsteph7

pvsteph7 New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    No, I'm totally sold. I'm just wondering what things I should consider in buying, and I figured current Prius owners with 100% hindsight would better be able to tell me what are the useful features/things they loved.

5. N3FOL

N3FOL Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Welcome to the forum and please don't forget to update us on the upcoming purchase.

Ever since I traded in my old minivan, I am having a hard time which ride should I take to work. My motorcycle or my Prius. :D

It is a fun car to drive and very good in mpg.

Hope to see your posts more often around this forum.

Regards.

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

I absolutely love the SKS (Smart Key System). At the minimum, get the package with the SKS. More and more cars are coming equipped with this system so might as well have the future today.

Otherwise, the other equipment is basically candy... extras, if you will. Some say the JBL audio is ok but not great and it's better to upgrade the speakers yourself. I'd test the Touring and non-Touring model and see which one you like better. The Touring has larger wheels (16") and a differently tuned suspension which most people agree, is the better of the two.

7. Hemi4Prius

Hemi4Prius Geek Girl

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I couldn't agree more! I'm a non-official newbie too, I should have mine within a month or so. I'm so excited! Welcome to the forum! :D

8. zenMachine

zenMachine Just another Onionhead

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I use the SKS and Bluetooth features the most and highly recommend them. The trouble is, integrated Bluetooth is only available with the JBL "premium" package, and if you're into good sound, be prepared to spend lots of time and money upgrading the system to your liking.

The reverse camera is an excellent safety feature, especially where there are lots of children running around. But once you get used to it, driving a car without it can become hazardous because you may forget to turn around and look while backing up.

I didn't get the built-in Nav, and don't regret that decision one bit.