1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not exactly a "pyramid scheme" ... but ...

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Son of Gloin, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    ... after having put up with my decidedly pro-Prius comments on a very regular basis these last two-and-a-half years ... after having driven a 1997 Saturn 4-door sedan for about 10 years, one of my sisters - who lives near Wichita, KS - made a good deal on a 2010 Prius about two weeks ago. She bought a "used" one; the dealership had been using it as a loaner / rental for its customers. Including trade-in PLUS taxes and extended warranty and etc, she paid LESS than I did on our 2008 package III. So she's gone from dark green to "super white" - I think it's officially called Blizzard Pearl or something like that - from 145,000 miles on the Saturn to about 11,000 miles on the Prius, and will probably be enjoying the transition from about 28 mpg overall average to circa 50 mpg VERY soon; especially with gasoline starting to go up again!

By the way ... and on a vastly different subject:

Why-oh-WHY does the "spell-check" on this site suggest that P-r-i-u-s is an error?!?!?

1 person likes this.
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney EditProfOptInfoCustomUser Title

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congratulations to her.

It's your browser. Highlight Prius, right-click (or left if you've switched buttons) and select "Add to Dictionary".

3. Son of Gloin

Son of Gloin Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    Thanks for the congrats AND for the suggestion! I've tried what you suggested, but don't find an "add to dictionary" option. No matter, really ... just found it rather humorous and odd!

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Does PriusChat have a spell checker? This might be the first I've heard of it. I think your browser has one built in. I use Firefox which has one built in and I had to add "Prius" to the dictionary.

And send some congrats to your sister for me.

5. lenjack

lenjack Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    What is a spelshaker?

6. SlowTurd

SlowTurd I LIKE PRIUS'S

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III

when you hit the "abc"checkmark it will ask to download

7. priuscritter

priuscritter I am the Stig.

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Congratulations to her. There are two white Prii. Blizzard Pearl is the most common on regular sale cars and has an added cost to get it. Super White is a flat white that comes on fleet car sales. If she has Super White, then it's the less expensive paint. Have her check the window sticker if she got one with the purchase.

8. rpeeples

rpeeples Experienced Toyota Owner

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sounds like your sis got a really good deal. I wish I could be lucky enough to find something like that. I bought a new '10 Prius back in December and now wish I had two of them. My wife and I seem to argue over who is going to use it.

As for the spell checker, it can be like a two-edged sword. It both helps and causes trouble. From my Android phone, I once sent an email to a friend named Danon and it automatically changed it to Dennis. My friend was not amused until I explained and apologized profusely.