1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

not impressed with the ebay sellers....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by desertbriez, Jul 6, 2007.

1. desertbriez

desertbriez New Member

so i broke down and ordered the non-slip thingies.... the fog light covers (both from the same guy) and the MFD sun hood.... ordered them last weekend.... they still haven't shipped :angry: i've paid for them, as i used paypal.... so you don't have the option like with a real retailer who will take the info but not actually charge you until hey have the stuff in stock and are ready to ship it.....

one of the sellers (sun hood lady) has at least responded to my emails saying it will be a week :angry: :angry: (why list them if they aren't even in stock?????????????)

the other guy hasn't bothered responding at all (buyer beware!)

the "funny" thing is there is one company on here (coastaletech) who has been dragged through the mud... i've ordered twice from them and both time my order shipped the very next day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and arrived as scheduled a week later! same thing with darell (evnutt).... sent off my payment for his FANTASTIC lights and the order was in the mail THAT DAY! and i received them 2 days later!

i'm not having warm fuzzies about the prius ebayers though... nope.... not at all......

2. Malarkey

Malarkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(desertbriez @ Jul 6 2007, 01:24 PM) [snapback]474105[/snapback]</div>
    eBay is funny... I've bought a lot of high end audio there and from Audiogon, another online auction site. Every time I spend more than a few K the transaction is fast, smooth, and pleasant.

Conversely, it seems like whenever I spend less than about $50 it's filled with delays, lame excuses, and real concerns about being ripped off.

As far as the stock issue - that's a huge pet peeve of mine. People selling crap they don't have, taking a payment from you and then buying it. In some cases they are selling goods that you just couldn't get on your own, but usually you can dig around and eventually find the source.

Some of the e-mails from people who get sell such items then -can't- get the item from their source are hilarious.