1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not sure if I messed up

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Technical Discussion' started by EnergyCar, Oct 1, 2023.

1. EnergyCar

EnergyCar New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Hi. I have 2 questions for the Prius Chat community but first let me give you a little background. I recently purchased a wireless OBD2 Scanner and used the Dr. Prius/ Dr. Hybrid app to connect to the scanner. My original intention was to disable the reverse beep to which I did pretty easily. I then clicked the “Read battery errors” and “Read engine errors” buttons even though there weren’t any error codes on my dash. And then I clicked the “Clear battery errors” button and I got this message:
    “Cleared HV trouble codes successfully, disconnect 12V battery for 5 minutes to purge the error code”. Do I now have to disconnect the 12v battery even though there weren’t codes to begin with because I really don’t want to mess with it?

Secondly, I don’t recall tapping the “Override battery temperature” button, accidentally or otherwise. However, does anyone know why they give the option to even mess with the battery temperature?

Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

2. EnergyCar

EnergyCar New Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius
    Model:
    L Eco
    Can the moderator please move this question/ thread to the Prius 4th Generation Technical forum. Thank you!