1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Not too shabby

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by earthman, Apr 18, 2008.

1. earthman

earthman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    47.3 from Burlington to Central Vermont, about 60 miles. I just picked her up from the dealer, drove home. This is some highway driving, a few small towns & VT secondary roads. I'm pscyhed! Going up my hill, three miles of dirt it dropped to 45.9, still "not too shabby". Think I'm gonna like this!

2. NYPrius1

NYPrius1 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Not Bad! Now lets hit 50

3. tasker109

tasker109 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    we have had the prius for 5 weeks now. as we experiment with pulse and glide techniques and other creative driving, we started out the first week averaging 43 mpg and were happy with that but the last 2 days we have been averaging 50 mpg....its so much fun to watch the monitor and see how your driving affects the mileage. hubby was driving with a really heavy foot thinking you get the mileage just by driving any old way until i showed him the info on this board. hes getting a really big kick out of driving now. we will be taking a trip to columbus ohio from st louis in 2 weeks and i cant wait to try out our tips on a long trip.

4. earthman

earthman New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I had to return to Burlington today to pick my wife up at the airport. There & back, consciously light footing it for the MPG's but maintaining the speed limits, averaged 52.1 at the bottom of my hill.
    Is this real? Can I trust the computer? It seems too good to be true, and you know what they say about that. Blows me away.