1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now a Prius owner :)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by ikklesmiler, Oct 7, 2009.

1. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi again!!

I am now the owner of a T-spirit 2004 Prius!

I picked her up today.

I think its going to take a little time to get used to driving the Prius, its much bigger than the car i part ex'd, which was a corsa.
    Driving the 130 miles home in the Prius in the dark in torrential rain along roads and motorways that I dont know was not a good experience.. Im hoping tommorows drive will be nicer :)

I think one thing that I didnt actually realise on the short test drive, is the vision.. its totally different to the corsa, the side posts are thicker and obstruct more of the view, the view out the back window is much smaller and getting used to the darkened bottom window will take time, the vision in the dark and rain was pretty bad... I guess most of my driving experiences in the Prius will be better than the drive home!!

I am used to knobs for the radio, knobs for the air con and blowers... infact knobs for almost everything..and voice control or touchscreen is a new thing for me and totally threw me...

I am going to drive around town tommorow and get used to the gadgets..

I am looking forward to a more relaxing drive than I experienced today!.

Ann Marie :D

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    One thing nice, if you stay above 55 km/h, the rear class never gets wet.

3. philobeddoe

philobeddoe ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    congratulations and welcome

1 person likes this.
  4. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Yes I think it will get a lot better, in the dark and heavy rain is not a good way to take a first trip in a new car. At least you made it OK. I don't think the visibility is quite as good as it is in a lot of other cars, but you learn to compensate.

Congratulations on the Prius, you will love it.

1 person likes this.
  5. Fstr911

Fstr911 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    Cool...another Prius owner. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! And I suspect that it will see a lot of chilly and wet weather in the UK.

1 person likes this.
  6. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you all for your replies :)

I spent all of today driving around town to town in the Prius and had a much much nicer driving experience...
    I love the fact that sitting in traffic shes silent.. and I love the little noise she makes when you brake when shes running on battery, that little sounds is so cool!
    I noticed a few people watching as I drove by (you dont see many Prius's here in Kent UK, the only ones are white and are taxi's)
    All my friends are very impressed with her, they are surprised just how big she actually is.

There are a few things that will take a little time to get used to, such as the way you actually start her! (I am used to just turning a key!!) But all in all, shes a fantastic drive, very smooth, very quiet looks very cool :)

(can you tell I am now a very happy Prius owner!!)

Ann Marie :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

7. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Sweet!

Your owner data reads "2003". It's really an '04, right?

8. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hiya

Yes its an 04 model.. I will have to change the data, :rolleyes:

Drove her more today and really do like this car!! Am very glad I decided on a Prius.. :)

Ann Marie

9. biscuit

biscuit New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    It's fun to share in the excitement that other new owners are experiencing. I brought mine home Sept. 26. I test drove it on a dark rainy day, and the whole rest of the weekend was like that. Then Monday came with sunny skies. I have been taking the scenic route everywhere I go. I agree about the silence when stopped, I love that! My "Bunny" is the first real purchase I've ever made for myself, and I am over the moon. :wub: I found PriusChat the next day, and what a fantastic discovery this has been as well.

10. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to our new UK member! As a fan of small cars, I can see how the Prius can be a "big" car to you. However, I gave a full-size pick-up to our son and replaced it with the Prius, so to me I had the opposite to get used to! Enjoy your new Toy, and hang out here on the board for great info.

1 person likes this.
  11. ikklesmiler

ikklesmiler New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the welcome ;)

I love my Prius more and more every day...

and I love these boards too!!

Ann Marie :cheer2::cheer2: