1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now I've gone and done it, I bought a Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Cosmo, Dec 19, 2005.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

All,

Well, it's now a done deal. I just closed the deal on a 2006 silver package #4. I live in Maryland, but I bought the car in North Carolina. I really wasn't interested in paying $2000 more for a package #6 which is what is available in MD, so I made a few calls and picked up a package #4 in Raleigh NC. I even cajoled them into selling me the car for $300 less then MSRP!!! Yippie!!!

I also got a sweet deal from my credit union for the car loan: 4.5% That's much better then I thought I was going to get, so I'm VERY happy about that interest rate.

Well, I guess I'm going to be a bit poorer for the next 4-5 years,so I'm in a bit of shock right now, that I just put myself $25000 in debt (I'm one really cheap SOB), but I'm sure as soon as I get the car in mid January I'm be very happy.

Reading this forum has really helped me make my decision, I've found this site invaluable over the past few months while I was considering this purchase. Thanks for everyones help and input.

Cosmo

2. priusblue

priusblue New Member

Which dealer in Raleigh did you buy from? Leith or Fred Anderson? I am waiting until after 1/1/06 to get the tax credit - but I'm hoping for a pkg. 4 as well! Glad you were able to find something here!

3. Kiloran

Kiloran New Member

Wow!
    You managed to get $300 off MSRP for a 2006 delivered in January.
    I haven't heard of anyone else managing that lately on such short notice.
    Great job! B)

4. Cosmo

Cosmo New Member

I purchased the vehicle from Fred Anderson in Raleigh. The way I went about trying to get less then MSRP was to try the line that since I was from out of town, I wouldn't be able to get all those extra "perks" you get when you but from a dealer. You know free or reduced oil changes, extra services and the like. You know, all the little extra things that I dealer will usually do to try and get your business.

I was frank with them and said that since all dealerships are charging MSRP, there is no reason for me to choose one dealership over any other, and I was looking for someone to give me something, anything off of MSRP, and Fred Anderson whas the ONLY dealer that came through for me. One other thing, I did say that since the Toyota dealership in Roanoke Rapids was the closest one to the MD border, I would be more inclined to go wit them unless I got some type of deal, and Fred Anderson bit my lure.

That's the story of how I got less then MSRP for a 2006 Toyota Prius. Ahh, I can't wait to tell my grandkids that old war story some day. :lol:

Peace,
    Cosmo

5. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Congratulations, Cosmo, and welcome to the club.

6. chrisek

chrisek geek

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Congratulations on your new Prius! I'm sure you will be another happy owner.

7. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

Nice going - you show good sense! The car is fantastic in every regard. Perfectly suited for what it was designed for, economical, great looking, and reliable. I have (if you can't tell) no regrets after 2 full years and 35,000 miles. Happy motoring!

8. LA FREEWAY

LA FREEWAY New Member

Welcome to the Family!