1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now that I added my Pio 4201NEX to my 2010 P .. need some suggestions on an Amp ;)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by tuskin, Dec 12, 2017.

1. tuskin

tuskin Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
    Last week I added a Pioneer 4201NEX deck to my 2010 Prius and would like to get some suggestions on a good Compact Amp to power these speakers I just got from Fry's Electronics

- Blaupunkt GTX650 6.5" 4-Way Coaxial Speakers

I know these aint HIgh End but am sure they are a lot better then my stock ones plus they were on sale for $12.99 LOL.

Looking for a good amp that can power these and not looking for the whole neighborhood to hear me, I just want good clean sound for my daily commute.

Was thinking in perhaps the following Compact Amp. Any input would be appreciated.

Pioneer GM-D1004

I am also open to different speakers if anyone has suggestions, as long as they give clean and clear sound. Maybe even some bass, but I dont want to add a SUB just yet.

Thanks guys !!

BTW: If any one has these same GTX650 speakers and they suck let me know and I can return them by January 8th 2018.

2. tuskin

tuskin Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    One
  3. Legendaryl

Legendaryl New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I have the same head unit I'm getting ready to put in my car, I'd love to hear what you ended up doing and how it's sounding, if you don't mind.