1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now that I've had my Prius awhile..

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by srlandis, Apr 17, 2006.

1. srlandis

srlandis New Member

B) This is me looking cool in my Prius....
    I thought for some new folks I'd tell what it's been like since I've had my pretty blue prius for 3 months now (a little over 4000 miles on it). I haven't enjoyed the act of driving as much since my old '76 Honda Civic. I average about 44 mpg with mixed driving...not doing anything special, just driving and a lot of it is hilly driving at that.

Things I like: zippiness factor; gas economy of course; CD player (never had one before), the looks of the car and the looks i get from admirers (of the car..not me!); feeling green and slightly smug; the cargo space and folding seats; ease to drive and park; big sunglasses holder.

Things that could use improvement: need drivers seat to push back more; when on auto air the fan always seems to be high which just about blows my contacts out of my eyes; the bass on radio/CD is tuned way way up...I feel the throbbing all over the car when I don't intend to; and that's about it.

I really like this car. I'm really glad I bought it. I'm hoping to keep it a long, long time.

susan

2. kDB

kDB New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srlandis @ Apr 17 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]240975[/snapback]</div>
    try turning the temperature up a little higher. the fan should switch to low when the temperature in the car comes close to the temperature set on the mfd.
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srlandis @ Apr 17 2006, 12:37 PM) [snapback]240975[/snapback]</div>
    you can adjust the bass and treble setting on the mfd. press the audio button next to it, then the sound button on hte page that comes up.

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(srlandis @ Apr 17 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]240975[/snapback]</div>
    Beware if the cloud of smugness over you should ever merge with the cloud of smugness over San Fransisco and the cloud of smugness from George Clooney's Oscar Award's speech!

A perfect storm of smugness!

:D