1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Now, THAT's a New Hybrid :wof:

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by hill, Oct 4, 2011.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Now, THAT's a New Hybrid

This is an exciting continuation (at least to me) that I posted yesterday - seeing my 1st Karma ... in the wild ... just driving down the street:

http://priuschat.com/forums/other-cars/98584-fisker-karma-in-wild.html

That was yesterday. Today, a couple hours ago, I thought I'd go skulking around the same commercial area just 10 minutes up the hill. My busy body trespassing nosy-ness paid off BIG time !!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I understand there have been fewer of these delivered than you can count on your fingers. Among the set of pics below you'll note a PHEV SUV. It segways into the Karma. I looked up the name of the company on Wiki:
    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Technologies]Quantum Technologies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

It seems Quantum Technologies builds the SUV's plug in system ... giving it 30 miles E.V. range. BUT - it turns out Quantum builds the system for the Karma too. A double lucky find ... both of their products in one fell swoop. Anyway - in yesterday's picture-less post, I mentioned a bunch of messed up plug-in's. With that in mind, check the photo of the right side of the Karma's hood. Ouch! It's tweaked up a tad. At first I thought it simply wasn't closed - but the left side was all the way flush with the fender. What a pity!

Too bad I didn't have the high rez Canon SLR with me. Then again, I'd have probably still been clicking away, or at least until I got kicked out or arrested for trespassing. I figure it may be a long long time before most folks get to see one up close. Anyway PC'rs ... enjoy!

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  2. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    The hood probably has some of those rubber twisty things that you can change the height on each side.

But that Fisker Karma is an awesome looking car. I didn't know they actually sold them.

3. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is like a one in a million find. Did it drip unicorn tears or smell like fairy farts?

4. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Was the hood popped on the Karma?
    Why does it look like the hood doesn't align with the driver's headlight or passenger side front quarter panel?

5. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Looks like it was built by Chevrolet....... :rolleyes:

6. KK6PD

KK6PD _ . _ . / _ _ . _

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Nice car, how much does this thing cost????
    You should leave a note next time you stalk, er admire the car. Tell him the lads at Prius Chat would like you to join up, log in, and chat with us about the really nice auto your driving!

7. The Electric Me

The Electric Me Go Speed Go!

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a sharp looking vehicle I don't care how you cut it.

But alas, my guess is seeing one in my neighborhood would be akin to stumbling upon Bigfoot knitting in the forest. Also I'm guessing I might be able to afford 1 of the side mirrors...but it looks like one of those if you have to ask...you cannot afford it vehicles...

The realist in me, awaits the Prius c...hey...the concept looks pretty cool...