1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nuking/Bombing Iran?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Mirza, Apr 10, 2006.

1. Mirza

Mirza New Member

So what's your take on bombing or nuking Iran?

--------
    They are asking for it - intentionally. Think back to Iraq - when Saddam was given 48 hours to give up or be bombed. He was defiant, and quite stupidly so. I think that Iran is trying to provoke the Bush administration into taking cowboy diplomacy against them. The events are similar to how they looked when there was all the talk about Iraq - a defiant ruler who won't submit. Except this time the other is being much more bold - utilizing nuclear power (whether for good or for bad, we truly have no idea), testing long-range missiles, and so forth.

How does that quote go - the enemy of my friend becomes my enemy as well?
    Iran has to got to have allies ~ isn't Russia one of them? (Excuse me for my lack of knowledge in politics - it's a learning process). By mongering the Bush administration into attacking them or their nuclear installations, more people would turn against us and our foreign aggression. Sure, it would suck for the rulers of Iran, but the net effect would be in their favor: they reap more seeds of hate against us.

If it goes through, Bush will believe that he removed a threat to our national security - though the reality is that we will be less safe in the future. Bush would be trading a short-term gain for a long-term negative.

BUT the long-term implications of Iran having nukes could potentially be worse than that outcome.

Nonetheless, the Bush administration will wave the fan of fear that got it re-elected. EDIT: Perhaps I'm wrong with that assertation: Bush is a "lame duck," a term applied to any President in the second term who has 'nothing to lose' and in a sense do whatever he wants. The term's definition is more advanced than that ~ it's been 6 years since I had US history.
    ---------------
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060410/wl_mi...ry_060410054244

2. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    There's already a thread on this topic, titled "This ought to scare us all."

3. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 10 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]237475[/snapback]</div>
    Well, now there's another one with a new point of view/opinion.

Is there something horribly wrong with starting another thread?

4. Mirza

Mirza New Member

Sorry, I didn't realize there was another thread on the same topic.... I don't frequent the forums enough :(

5. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

This is a huge dilemma.

If we do nothing a geniune American hating madman will have nukes and will definatley continue to push the envelope.

If we take him out. Half the people on this website, the left, Harry Reid, Kennedy etc, hollywood, and the pacifists will blame George W and continue to bash him no end. Not that that matters but it is annoying.

I'd be interested to see what solution the Bush bashers have to say about this problem. I will not name names you know who you are. And Pleeeease don't say its our fault!

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Iran has always been the bigger threat in that area of the world. We will deal with them now or later...that is for sure. If possible they would gladly give suitcase nukes to anyone planning on using them against the West. With most countries hating us and all of Bush's problems at home, I doubt he has the will to do anything about it now. It will be interesting to watch. :mellow:

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    On 2nd thought...why don't we just drop some cartoons on them. They will self destruct. :D

8. Begreen

Begreen Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 10 2006, 08:43 AM) [snapback]237510[/snapback]</div>
    Odd. I would have thought Pakistan, which sold nuclear plans and technology freely to many countries would have been considered the "bigger threat". How do you know that "they would gladly give suitcase nukes to anyone planning on using them against the West" ?

9. brasche

brasche Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Apr 10 2006, 10:43 AM) [snapback]237475[/snapback]</div>
    My response is still the same... imbush peach.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(huskers @ Apr 10 2006, 11:43 AM) [snapback]237510[/snapback]</div>
    The biggest threat to the world is an out-of-control superpower and it's puppet president.

10. imntacrook

imntacrook New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brasche @ Apr 11 2006, 12:15 AM) [snapback]237897[/snapback]</div>
    You mean Iran? and Ahmadidijad or whatever. Why is it the lefties always blame the USA? Do they feel guilty about something? If their neighbor kicks down their door they probably wonder what they did wrong. I think it is a deep physcological problem. I really do.

Cheer up guys, I'm here to tell you you didn't do anything wrong.

11. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Naa you dont want to go there, we could go in crush them like bugs, then the liberal anti-war mongers would step up and say they didnt really have nukeular capabilities.... then they will want to impeach, hang or stone the next president for not pulling us out of another as they say useless war...

LOL, or we could compromise and like husker said drop cartoons on them...

And again I agree with squid, theres nothing wrong with starting a new thread w/new ideas..!! :p :) :D ;)