1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Number "1" in hundreds' place not as bright as the other 2 digits

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by lhsu, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lhsu

lhsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I noticed that the number "1" (in hundreds' place) shown on the speedometer display is not as bright as the other 2 digits. (Prius 2012)

Is this normal?

Sorry if this question has been asked before. I just could not find one.

Thank you.

2. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    It seems that the vacuum fluorescent displays in our car take a significant length of time in-use to reach full brightness - and/or segments or pixels that are infrequently used don't illuminate as brightly as those that are frequently used. Over a longer period of time, however, the phosphorous used may begin to lose efficiency, and the more frequently used segments will appear dimmer than lesser used.

I've noticed that areas of my HSD that are frequently used are brighter than ares that are not because I'm always on the view with the energy bar. As your odometer increments, you'll notice portions of that view are brighter than others over time. You may even observe that the bottom few segments of your gas gauge may be brighter over time than the top bar.

There have been several other threads on this. Normal? In dash display color seems faded?? | PriusChat is one of them.

lhsu likes this.
  3. lhsu

lhsu Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks for your kind reply.
    It seems that your explanation has completely cleared my doubt.
    Also, thank you for the link too... :)

Regards!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.