1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Numerical Monthly MPG?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Jedi, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I saw that someone had posted a monthly breakdown of their MPG statistics over the first year of owning their Prius. I was curious if the Prius keeps track of MPG numerically month to month? I have seen the consumption on the MID where it shows the bar graph of month-to-month consumption/MPG. However, I have not been able to see actual numbers (e.g. 54.3 MPG) associated with those months. Is that possible? For those who put together yearly MPG statistics, are you just keeping track of those numbers "by hand"? Thanks in advance!

2. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I keep mine by hand at each fillup. Write down the miles, mpg and mph along with odometer reading and then enter these numbers in a spreadsheet.

3. Chazz8

Chazz8 Gadget Lover

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Fuelly.com has a nice month MPG graph, and it's a great site to track your MPGs. Here is mine:
    [​IMG]

4. Jedi

Jedi New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Awesome, thanks for the info. I'm definetely going to check it out!

5. DavidA

DavidA Prius owner since July 2009

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Like JD above, I also log all info I get from the display, and crunch my own numbers in a spreadsheet. The simple summary from all that data I display in my sig at the bottom of each post.