1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Nursing Home Cat Knows When Patients Are About to Die

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Chuck., Jul 26, 2007.

1. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959718/

In 25 cases, Oscar curls up within four hour of a nursing patient's death.

On a personal level, Spencer (cat in my avitar) sniffed Garbo, which I never have seen him do before. The next day, Garbo was dead.

2. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    You know, they used to think cats would stand on your chest, steal your breath and then you would die.

3. Jmad1138

Jmad1138 New Member

Has anyone checked to see if the cat is actually killing the people?

4. Michgal007

Michgal007 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jmadison @ Jul 26 2007, 04:10 PM) [snapback]485641[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: That's pretty bad.

This cat was brought up in the nursing home, so perhaps it can sense even more than other cats.

5. formerVWdriver

formerVWdriver New Member

I am so fascinated by this story. I can't think of a better way to go than surrounded by family with a purring cat on my bed.

(Would prefer to skip the whole Alzheimer's or illness thing, though. Maybe be in a bed in a resort somewhere after a great day doing something fun.... But if that's the case, can we put it off until vacation's over?)

6. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Maybe it is Dr. Kovorkian's (sp.) cat ! I think it's name was reaper.

7. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    All I know is, next time I'm sick, the cat isn't getting near me!

8. rudiger

rudiger Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Death Cat Begins Gonzales Vigil

<blockquote>Washington, DC (Rotters) - Administrators for the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Providence Rhode Island late today confirmed that their prized cat Oscar had gone missing. White House authorities late this evening confirmed that the cat in question had mysteriously shown up there. Oscar was recently featured in an essay in the New England Journal of Medicine in which he was heralded for his uncanny ability to predict the imminent deaths of hospice patients.

It was unclear whether Oscar had made the journey from Rhode Island to DC on his own or had assistance. White House authorities stated that the cat seemed to have shown up late today and appeared to wander aimlessly and confused for a few hours before finally settling in the White House office occasionally used by Attorney General Alberto Gonzales. Oscar has thus far resisted attempts to have him removed and returned to his home at the Rhode Island hospice center.

Dr. David Rosa, the author of the original essay about Oscar and his uncanny ability to predict death, verified that this was precisely the behavior that has been observed in Steere House. "I can only surmise that there is a cancer in the White House and it's likely terminal," stated Rosa. "Oscar is almost never wrong, but this is the first interest that he has shown in politics."
    </blockquote>

9. jewelerdave

jewelerdave New Member

ITS A DEVIL CAT I SAY!!!! Whoa be it an incarnate of the angle of death bringing about DEATH to those who are near!

Shun the non believers...shun them all and be prepared to meet thy maker when you look into this devils eyes!

10. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    "Cats in the cradle".

Cats suck babies breath.