1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

NY Meet Up?

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by ScottY, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I was talking to usbseawolf2000 and we are planning for a meet up. We both work in LI, NY. So far we have 3 ppl interested in the meet up. Anybody else interested? What location would you guys prefer?

2. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm in Staten Island and would be very interested in a local meetup. My schedule has been sort of busy, but if I'm around on the day that it is held then I would love to attend. I love those group shots of a row of Prii side by side in a parking lot.

3. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Would love to have you with us :D Next, we get to decide where we actually want to meet. How about at Dave & Busters?

Any Stony Brook graduates are welcome to join also.

Dennis

4. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Wow, D&B is one of my favorite places. I think I've been to 6 or 7 different ones. And my wife actually likes D&B which means that she'll be along for the ride. I have never been to the Long Island one. Now I'm really excited. They will have to change their slogan. Dave and Busters... Food, Fun and Prius enthusiasts.

5. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    We should ask if we can get discounts if we choose D&B as the official NY Prius meet up place. :D

6. RobN

RobN New Member

I'm in for a meet. Never been to Dave and Busters but it works for me.

Prius owner and Stony Brook graduate.

7. OMyPrius

OMyPrius New Member

This is my first posting since owning a Seaside Pearl, Aug 05. Another SB Graduate here. Love to attend the meet, have fun in D&B, AND MARCH IN THE LIE WITH MY FELLOWS. :)

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok! Now we have 5 so far (6 counting Trevor's wife). Do you want to meet up this Sunday? I am getting my Zaino delivery and want to wax it on Saturday :lol:

JasonW, where are you? I know you live in LI also.

Dennis

9. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    sunday sounds good to me!
    wow, i'm surprised to see so many of you are SB grads. That's cool!
    Actually, I went back to SB last oct. And I saw a couple of Prii around.

So which D&B we are going to? There's one in Farmingdale, and there's one in Islandia.

Bring cameras guys and girls!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OMyPrius @ Mar 29 2006, 02:37 PM) [snapback]231780[/snapback]</div>
    oh.. alsmot forgot. Welcome to PriusChat! One more SB grad! B)

10. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScottY @ Mar 28 2006, 02:28 PM) [snapback]231490[/snapback]</div>
    I just saw the meet-up announcement, would love to assist but already have plans for this Sunday with my DW, an all day in Manhattan. Sorry, will be next time. And probably for next meet we can PM to all so we can get properly inform. I got here by coincidence. ;)

11. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Darn, the wife's family is in town this weekend. Not quite sure that they'll be gone before Sunday, but if they are then I'll be there.

BTW, I got my Zaino, but there are so many details to the instructions and tips that I'm finding on the web, that it seems like a science project. I washed my car with Dawn and then Zaino Z-2 yesterday. Still have to do the claying thing. I think you need a whole day to handle Zaino when you're starting.

12. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    If this Sunday is not a good date for you guys, I don't mind moving it to next Sunday.

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Ok, let's move it to next week as we are still gaining in number :D. Since Trevor is coming from Staten Island, how about we meet at the Farmingdale D&B. How does it sound?

April 9th @ 2:00 PM (They open at 11:30)

Farmingdale D&B
    261 Airport Plaza Blvd.
    Farmingdale, NY 11735
    (631)249-0708

Dennis

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Trevor @ Mar 30 2006, 09:03 AM) [snapback]232289[/snapback]</div>
    Did you get Z-1 or ZFX? I did not get the clay thing but got Z-6. I am going to multi-coat it with Z2 and Z6. It'll be a fun project.
    Did you notice a difference after your Z-2? Mine Prius is not even a month yet and I am afraid that I will not see a difference.

Dennis

14. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius

15. Trevor

Trevor Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(usbseawolf2000 @ Mar 30 2006, 01:32 PM) [snapback]232457[/snapback]</div>
    I did not buy the Zaino clay because I heard that their best item. I picked up a kit at pepboys. I got the Z2 with the XFX. I've also had my car less than a month. I had a typo in my last messag.. I just used the Z7 wash on it, not Z2 so far and I think it did a very good job. I think it has some Z2 in it.

16. mrbigh

mrbigh Prius Absolutum Dominium

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle

17. ScottY

ScottY New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    4/9 @ 2PM is fine with me.

Can we do a count of how many ppl r going? So far seawolf2000 (and his coworker), mrbigh, Trevor (and Mrs. Trevor), and OMyPrius. Anybody else wanna join the fun?

18. jaguaraja

jaguaraja New Member

I'm in. April 9th sounds good. Dennis, are you the grand prius poobah for LI?....someone's gotta be in charge of this royal water buffalo & prius club. I'm in Bay Shore, with a black 04, outfitted with the clean pass stickers and my request sent in for the green E-ZPass.

- Sunil

April 9th @ 2:00 PM (They open at 11:30)
    Farmingdale D&B
    261 Airport Plaza Blvd.
    Farmingdale, NY 11735
    (631)249-0708

19. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Clarification: OMyPrius is my co-worker.

Start a Prius club? Hmm... sounds like a great idea. Let's see how it goes in D&B first :lol:

For those unfamiliar with Dave & Busters, you can find more information about the place here.

I got my Clean Pass sticker and used it for the first time today. I used scotch tape because I will be doing Zaino this weekend. It works really well and I will probably use a clear tape next time and keep it that way. This will allow me to add more Zaino layers later on.

Dennis

20. RobN

RobN New Member