1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

O2 Sensor Spacer - Anti-foulers? Or mini-cat?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Blackwing, Sep 20, 2023.

1. Blackwing

Blackwing Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello I am trying to decide between one of two products to eliminate my P0420 error code

1.) Most people go with two (2) anti-foulers and screwing those together as an extender
    Dorman - Help Spark Plug Non-Foulers - 18mm Tapered Seat 42002 - Advance Auto Parts

2.) A 45 or 90-degree spacer with a mini cat installed inside
    CHGRNLF 45 Degree Car Oxygen O2 Sensor Adapter Cel Fix Check Engine Light Eliminator, Mini Catalytic Converter Oxygen O2 Sensor CEL M18X1.5 - Walmart.com

90° O2 Oxygen Sensor Spacer Engine Light CEL Check Bung Mini Catalytic Converter | JCarPart

Do any of the two options work better than the other?

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Mine is like the second one I haven't bothered to screw it in yet it's sitting here on the shop desk ready to go in my '09 work vehicle which has had a PO420 code for I don't know three or four years now everything with the car seems great gas mileage is normal It's not running in any kind of limp mode or anything and when you look at the O2 sensors and tec stream everything seems to look pretty normal