1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

o2 Sensors for prius cheap ones that work

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by terramir, Mar 16, 2018.

1. terramir

terramir Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I know that my sensors should be pretty lazy and I'm hoping that it's not my catalytic convertor. I don't have $250+ dollars to spare on toyota ones. I looked over the service records b4 me and it seems like they never were replaced as in not in 200k miles. The warnings I'm getting put me slightly under the threshhold with the p420, so I'm guessing that could be a lazy o2 sensor.
    what generic ones have you people successfully used and I dun mind soldering if the wiring is clear. And how much did they cost and where?
    just looking for some data.
    tired of resetting 420 (or waiting for it to reset at times)
    I see some for >$20 on fleabay and I wouldn't mind replacing those every >50k miles (instead of every 80k it's supposed to be) if I know they will work properly in the meantime. I just want to know which ones you guys have good experiences with.
    terramir

SFO likes this.
  2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bosch seems to be the go-to for aftermarket. Napa sells a Bosch for around $60. Don't know how good it is. They actually sell several Bosch O2 sensors for the Prius that go up to $200? Got me. If you order online and then go pickup in store, they give you 10 percent off.

Mostly depends on the specific sensor you need, I suppose. I know we used a Bosch on another Toyota and had no problems, except for splicing it into the wiring, which my husband did, since I have an unreasonable fear of electricity.

#2 cyberpriusII, Mar 17, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    SFO likes this.